You are trying to launch TikTok on your mobile device but getting an error message about the TikTok Network Error. We’ll explain why the error message is appearing and the possible solutions.
Millions of people around the world use TikTok. The app’s popularity is due to its unique video format and audio features, as well as social sharing and interaction capabilities.
The app enjoys a huge user base, but there are times when it has its downs. It also makes unexpected errors that can leave users in an area without internet. We’ll be looking into the details of the network connection error today.
Also Read: TikTok Error 2433 Fix – Quick & Easy Steps
What is a TikTok Network error?
Many TikTok users reported that they get the following error message when trying to log in or launch the app:
“No network connection. Try again by connecting to the internet
Users may be connected to the internet via mobile data or WIFI when they receive the error message. An issue could cause this error with your device or your internet service.
It is a frustrating experience for users, as they have to wait long periods before they can use TikTok again.
ByteDance owns all Tiktok servers and operates them at the China Unicom Americas facility in the United States. TikTok servers are also kept in a secure cage within the facility.
China Unicom Americas supplies electricity, infrastructure, and space for data centres to support TikTok servers. However, the facility does not play any role in the maintenance/up-gradation of the servers. The facility does not have access to TikTok user information.
Tiktok Server Error
Once you have a good idea of where TikTok servers are, you can check their status when receiving a TikTok network error. An error message will appear on your screen if TikTok servers go down for maintenance or a bug.
How do I fix a TikTok server error?
To check the TikTok server status, go to the Downdetector or Istheservicedown.co.uk website. These websites will show you the network status of other users. You can also check the official Twitter page to see if the TikTok server is down. If this is the case, you’ll need to wait until TikTok resolves the issue with their servers.
It is time to investigate other possible causes of the network failure if TikTok servers appear to be up and running as per the data collected through the various websites or via their official Twitter page.
Why is my TikTok not working?
One of these reasons could be why your TikTok isn’t working correctly or displaying a network error.
- You have not given the TikTok app proper permissions on your mobile device.
- TikTok is not allowed in your country.
- Temporarily, TikTok servers go down for maintenance or a glitch in our system.
- You are using an old version of TikTok’s app.
- Your mobile Phone’s APN settings are incorrect.
- Junk files and temporary bugs cause network errors on TikTok.
- Sometimes the TikTok app won’t connect to your Network due to poor mobile data speeds or unstable WIFI connections.
TikTok No Network Connection VPN
Tiktok is currently banned in certain countries because of security concerns, data theft and other issues. If you are a national of a country that has banned TikTok, network errors will pop up whenever you attempt to connect to the app.
To use TikTok, you might need to use a VPN. If you are in India, where TikTok is banned, you can connect to a VPN server and use TikTok.
TikTok users often use free VPN servers to access the application. It is possible to make a mistake by using free VPN servers. These VPNs can access your banking information and hack your social media accounts. Consider these things when considering a paid VPN with good reviews.
- For faster network speeds, choose the closest servers to your country.
- Choose a VPN service with fast servers around the globe. Slow VPNs can cause video lags and can even display a TikTok network error.
- To keep your data secure and your identity anonymous, make sure your VPN doesn’t save logs.
You can also buy a VPN to support many devices, so you can share it with your friends and use the TikTok App.
How do I fix the TikTok error?
These steps will help you fix the TikTok network error.
Troubleshoot WIFI issues
These steps will help you fix a network error when using TikTok via WIFI.
- Connect to your WIFI network, then long-press on the WIFI icon.
- Followed by your WIFI network, tap on the gear icon
- Next, select the MAC address type you wish to use and tap on Phone MAC.
- Now your WIFI connection will disconnect and reconnect.
- Tap on the Advanced option and go back to the WIFI network settings.
- Make sure your IP settings are set up to DHCP, the proxy is None, and the Network is selected for Automatically Detection.
- Save your changes and open the TikTok app. To confirm that there is no network error message, launch the TikTok App.
Give permission to the TikTok app
TikTok may occasionally require permissions to function properly on your mobile device. You might experience a network error if you don’t allow certain permissions, such as Storage, microphone, and internet access. You can assign permissions to your TikTok application:
- Tap on Apps in the Settings menu of your Android or iOS device.
- Scroll down and find the TikTok App and tap on it
- Next, tap the Permissions option to allow all permissions.
- Open your TikTok App and verify that the error is still there.
Reset Access Point Names
Incorrect access point name settings can cause a network error if you use the TikTok app over mobile data. You must ensure that your APNs are correctly stored. This can be done by following these steps:
- Open the Settings menu of your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Connections tab, and then tap on Mobile Networks
- Select Access Point Names to choose your mobile SIM service provider.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of your mobile screen
- Tap on reset to default and confirm the Reset warning message.
Tiktok No Network Connection Error Samsung
You can use the following steps to fix a TikTok error on a Samsung tablet or Phone:
Restart your Samsung Device
Restarting a Samsung device to correct a TikTok network problem is the easiest way. Simply hold the Power button down for a few seconds. It is a good way to fix many Samsung bugs.
Restarting your Samsung device will clear the RAM and restart any processes that may be interfering with TikTok. After turning off the Samsung device, wait one minute before turning it on again.
Check Airplane Mode
Manually reconnecting to your service provider is another way to fix the TikTok “No Network Connection” error. This is easy. You just need to switch the Airplane mode off and back on your Samsung phone.
After that, your Samsung device will attempt to connect with your service provider and reset the device’s AMP cycles. After you have connected, open the TikTok application to see if the error is fixed.
Do a Factory Reset
You may have to perform a factory reset to fix different app issues on your Samsung device. If the software on your TikTok device is not working properly, it might throw a network error.
This troubleshooting process is somewhat inconvenient. To fix the bugs, you will need to back up all data. This is how to do it:
- Hold the power + Vol Up + Home button on your Samsung phone.
- Continue pressing the buttons until the Samsung logo appears. Then, release the Power button.
- Next, release both the Vol up- and Home buttons when you see the recovery screen.
- To navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Recovery, use the Vol up/down buttons.
- To reset the process, press the Power button.
- After the factory reset, you can configure your personal settings on your Samsung phone.
- Install the TikTok App and confirm that the network error has disappeared
TikTok No Network Connection Sony
Are you getting a TikTok error message on your Sony mobile phone? The following steps will fix the problem.
Run A Ping Test
Your Sony device may sometimes show a network error when connected to a disabling cellular radio signal. To enable the cellular radio signals, it is possible to perform a ping test with service mode turned on on your Sony smartphone. This is how to do it:
- Use the Sony dialer to dial *#*#4636 #*#*
- You’ll now be able to enter the Sony service mode, and you will see many options.
- Find your Sony information, and click “Run Ping Test.”
- After the test is over, navigate to the bottom menu for Service.
- Make sure that radio data is turned on.
- Open the TikTok App and verify that you are able to connect.
Verify Your SIM Card
Sometimes, TikTok’s SIM card slot can cause an error in the Network. Your SIM card could become lost if your Phone is dropped. Your mobile data may not work correctly and could cause many errors on the TikTok app.
You will need to remove the SIM card from your Sony mobile and turn it off. Next, remove the SIM card from the Phone using a tool. Make sure you place the SIM card in the slot securely again. You should see no TikTok error, and your mobile data should work again.
Select Network Operator Manually
Your apps that depend on the internet may be affected if your Sony phone has trouble finding its Network. To fix the problem, you can manually choose your network operator. This can be done on your Sony device.
- Tap the Settings icon on your Sony smartphone
- Navigate to Mobile Networks, then tap on Network operators
- Select your network operator from this list.
- To allow the changes to take effect, restart your Sony smartphone.
TikTok is not working in the UK.
TikTok is very popular in the UK. TikTok UK users often encounter errors when using the app.
To fix the most common TikTok issues on your smartphone, you can follow the steps in this guide.
If you live in the UK and your app isn’t working, you can check the TikTok server status using third-party service status checking websites. Wait for TikTok support to resolve the problem if you discover that others in your area are experiencing service outages. You can also report the issue through your TikTok application.
You can also use TikTok from your computer. Log in to the TikTok Website with your credentials. As TikTok encourages more mobile installs, you will only have limited functionality. You can still browse videos from your homepage and search for specific users manually.
We hope this guide has helped you to fix the TikTok network problem on your mobile device. We recommend clearing the TikTok app cache in the Apps section of your mobile phone before you start any fixes. It is also possible to do this within the app by tapping on your profile and then clearing the cache. If you still get an error, please uninstall TikTok and reinstall the app.