The Xbox Series X Shuts Off by itself. Have you tried restarting your hardware and still get the same problem? This article will explain why your console behaves as it does and provide simple troubleshooting steps.
The next-generation gaming console, Xbox Series X, was released in November 2020. It has a quick load time and high frame rates at higher resolutions. This console is capable of rendering up to 8k resolution and can play 120 frames per second games.
Users are reporting that their Xbox Series X console occasionally shuts down despite its high-quality features. The console may be acting up for a variety of reasons. Let’s discover why this happens and what you can do to fix it so that your gaming experience is back.
Also Read: Hulu Error Code 406: This Guide Can Help You Fix It
Why Does Xbox Series X Shuts Off & Not Turn On By itself?
One of these factors could be the cause of your Xbox gaming console turning off by itself.
- Xbox Series X protects itself against overheating by turning it off.
- It is difficult to crash the gaming console.
- The Xbox Series X is being pushed to the limit by next-generation games, resulting in it powering off.
- Xbox Series will automatically turn off.
- The Xbox Series X hardware has a problem and requires repair or replacement.
How can I fix Xbox Series’s self-destructing behaviour?
The Xbox Series random shut down is experienced by most users when they are playing games or browsing the gaming menu. These steps will help you fix the problem.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord 502 Bad Gateway Error
Stop the Xbox Series X overheating.
Overheating can sometimes cause the console to turn off. This happens most often when the console is overheated. The following steps can be taken to fix Xbox Series X overheating problems.
- Dust accumulation on the vents causes Xbox to heat up a lot. Regular servicing of your console will ensure that it cools down by removing warm air from the outside.
- You can switch on your AC to allow cool air to circulate through your console if you’re using it in the summer.
- You can use your console at high fps with intervals. If you don’t have the time to take a break, get an Xbox external cooling fan.
- Avoid placing your Xbox on a rug made of long fibres or carpets, as these materials can restrict airflow.
Also Read: How to Get TikTok Account Back | Easy Ways
Make sure you have the right voltage.
You need to ensure that your Xbox Series X is receiving the correct voltage in order to prevent it from turning off. Sometimes your console will not receive the correct voltage when it is connected to an extension or surge protection. This issue can be fixed by connecting the Xbox Series X directly to the wall outlet.
An automatic voltage regulator is also available to protect your console from power fluctuations in your area.
Turn off the automatic switch.
You may have set the console to automatically shut down after a certain time if your console randomly turns off. This option can be disabled.
- The Xbox button is located on the top of the controller.
- Select “Profile & System” from the last tab to the right.
- Select “Settings”, then “General” in the left menu.
- Select “Power mode & Startup” to open the Xbox Series X power settings
- Navigate to the “Turn Off After” option. Make sure that the “Don’t Turn Off Automatically” option is selected.
Next, try playing a game on your console and seeing if it persists.
Also Read: Easy Guide: How to Fix HBO Error Code 955 on Your Device
Xbox series X Update
Software glitches can often cause intermittent shutoff issues in the Xbox series X. You can fix this issue by updating your gaming console. This is how to do it:
- Verify that your gaming console has an internet connection
- The Xbox button is located at the top of your controller. Next, choose “Profile & System”.
- Next, click on “Settings”, then choose “System”.
- Click on “Updates”, and you will be able to download the most recent update.
If there are no updates, this means your console is up-to-date. To resolve your problem, you should try the other solutions in this guide.
Factory reset your console.
To resolve the problem, you can reset your Xbox Series X back to factory settings. This is how to do it:
- Find the Xbox button at the top of your controller, and click “Profile & System”.
- Next, click on “Settings” and choose “System”.
- Select “Console Info” and then “Reset Console”.
- To erase everything, click on the “Reset” button.
Power cycle your Xbox after the reset is complete. Play a next-gen video game to check if the problem persists.
Check gaming hardware
Your Xbox Series X hardware may be malfunctioning, causing it occasionally to shut down by itself. You can contact the seller to make the necessary repairs to your Xbox if it is still under warranty. To check the status of your warranty, you will need to log in to Xbox Service.
You will be charged for repair if your Xbox Series X is not covered by the warranty. You may be eligible for an out-of-warranty repair for a small fee. To get this additional benefit, it’s a smart decision to register your console immediately after purchase.
Can Xbox Series X be sat on its side?
The Xbox Series X can be placed in a vertical or horizontal position. Microsoft has done an excellent job designing the console. There is no better place to put it. But, it can be slow or cause problems with performance if you place it wrongly.
According to Microsoft guidelines, the console should not be placed on its side. You must also leave at least 1.5 inches between the console’s top and the ground when it is in a horizontal or vertical position.
To ensure that nothing blocks the vents, make sure you leave at least 4cm of clearance between the console’s sides. This will ensure that your console has enough ventilation to solve the intermittent turn-off problem.
How can I factory reset my Xbox without it being turned on?
You can factory reset your Xbox Series X if you have trouble loading the screen.
- To shut down the console, press and hold the power button.
- When the Xbox Series X turns off, release the power button
- Unplug your console from the main power outlet
- Wait for 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back into the main wall outlet.
- To turn the console on, press the power button again.
You should now be able to see the Xbox welcome menu. You can now play your favourite games without worrying about intermittent shutoffs.
It can be frustrating when the Xbox Series X shuts down by itself. This comprehensive guide will help you identify the root cause of this frustrating issue and provide solutions. It’s now time to get your favourite next-gen games onto your console.