When playing online using the Xbox console, All IP addresses must be shared. This is true regardless of what game or platform you’re playing on. Furthermore, any activities you engage in online will reveal your IP address.
If you’re trying to locate an IP address of a friend, It is possible quite easy with Xbox IP Finders.
You can access any IP address belonging to other gamers by using different tools or simply through some social engineering. However, before that, you must be aware of why you require the IP address when you are an avid gamer.
We will also go over ways to prevent your IP address from being tracked online.
Xbox IP Finders: Why do I need someone’s IP address on Xbox Console?
If you want to determine the exact whereabouts of an Xbox player, you must know their IP address. For instance, some gamers claim to be from America or Europe However; they may be located in Africa.
It’s not likely to cause harm; however, when you participate in any serious debate that could result in you leaving the gaming platform, you’ll need to conduct an identity check to determine whether the address is accurate or not.
Once you’ve gotten the other game’s IP number, you can look it up on an IP lookup tool like IPinfor.io to find the gamer’s IP as well as the internet service provider and the date-time.
Find someone’s IP Address on Xbox.
There are a variety of options you can look into to gain access to every IP address. However, selecting a particular method depends on your expertise and the amount of time you’d like to wait to obtain access to an IP.
The techniques and methods included in this manual are the most simple, and you’ll only require a small amount of technical expertise.
With the Help of Xbox Resolver
Xbox Resolver is a tool that can locate an IP address, provided you are aware of their Gamertag. If you find the Gamertag for the person you are looking for, it’s the most efficient method to determine the IP address of a person.
There are various types of Xbox IP Resolvers available on the market. The majority of them are free.
You can utilize the top tools to accomplish this can be found in XResolver or Xbox Resolver. Utilizing them or other tools will be similar, and we’ll talk about it instead. Xbox Resolver is just an illustration.
You’ll require an Xbox Gamertag for the Xbox user you are trying to locate. If you’ve used Xbox for a while, finding a Gamertag user will not be an issue since it’s publically available.
Then, you’ll need to go to the home page for Xbox Resolver and enter that Gamertag. The site is fairly easy to navigate, and you’ll find just one input area.
After entering the Gamertag associated with the user, hit the button that says “Resolve.” Next, the following screen will show you your targeted IP address.
There are occasions when this tool could not be able to determine the IP address of your target. You’ll need to employ other methods to determine your IP address.
With the Help of Wireshark
Wireshark can be another option you can utilize to get access to the IP address. However, you must be in the same place at the same time or playing the game with your partner.
As long as you have a peer-to-peer connection with another gamer and you have this tool to locate your IP. This tool does not be able to work with Xbox, which means that you’ll have to figure out a way around it to complete the task.
Here are some steps you must adhere to:
- It is necessary to Install WireShark on your computer, and it will be able to sniff every packet delivered to you via the console.
- Attach your PC directly to your router. You can then connect it to your console via an Ethernet cable.
- Each time a packet reaches your console, you’ll be able to view it on the WireShark interface. In this way, you will be able to choose the IP address linked to the.
- With the Help of Grabify
Another method you can utilize is to find the IP addresses of other gamers.
This is accomplished by making use of the IP grabber or IP logger. Grabify is among the most used tools to use for IP capture. The best part is that you can utilize it for free.
This tool is easy to use; you’ll need to create a link and have your intended audience click it. When that happens, the IP address of your target will be retrieved for you to connect.
Below are some steps you must adhere to:
- The first step is to locate the content on the internet that you think your potential client is most interested in and then copy the URL.
- Utilizing this URL, visit the Grabify homepage, and copy and paste it into the provided field.
- Then click the button that says “Create URL” and create a shorter URL for the link. It will be a program for tracking your target IP address.
- It’s time to go to your Xbox user and ask them to click this shorter link.
- When that happens, go to Grabidy’s website. Grabidy the website and input your tracking number.
- The next time, click that button labeled “Track Code” instead of the Create URL button.
- The next screen will display all the details about the user, the operating system they are using, location, and the user’s agent.
With the help Of The Command Prompt
You can also make use of the command prompt to monitor the IP address of your target on Xbox. However, it is necessary to establish an online chat connection with your intended target to do this. You both must be connected to the internet in addition.
The following are the steps you should follow to achieve this:
- The first step is to start the Xbox and locate the person who has been harassing you or taking DDoS attacks.
- Follow that person, and look for their Gamertag and them on your friend’s list.
- Create a connection to them and chat using “Parties and Chat” on your Xbox.
- Open the Command prompt of your PC from your Run App in the settings.
- Then type in the netstat-an command. Then click on the run.
- When you discover an IP address, you can visit IPLocation.net for tracking.
Stop the possibility of tracking on Xbox.
You should rethink this aspect as your IP address may be used to hack into your network and slow the internet by sending many requests through a DDoS attack. This can be a source of frustration, and that’s all the opponent needs to defeat you in an online game.
To prevent this from happening, many gamers make sure their IP address is in the dark. If you’d like to hide your IP address, you must use a proxy server or VPN service.
Is it legal to search for an IP Address without consent?
The search for the IP address of a person isn’t illegal since no law says it should be a crime. But IP addresses aren’t quite as secure as we think they are.
Every time a browser requests the internet is made by a device, the IP address of this specific device will be included too.
All websites maintain an IP log for internal use. However, keep in mind that knowing the IP address of a person and then using it to conduct malicious activities is a crime.
Should I go for a Free VPN and Proxy for gaming or Not?
To have a truly pleasurable gaming experience, it is essential to have high-speed internet. This is a fact that isn’t available with free VPNs and gaming proxies.
Even if using a free VPN or proxy does not interfere with your security or privacy, your internet speed will be reduced since many other users use the service for free.
The result is that the service functions extremely slowly. If you attempt to utilize it to play games, it will affect the gaming experience.
You can see that obtaining the IP addresses of Xbox gamers isn’t that difficult. You can either search for the Gamertag for your desired target or use an IP Resolver tool to determine the IP address.
If this isn’t the right choice for you, you could utilize WireShark to monitor the data packets from the target’s console. You can also create a shortened link and ask your target to click it to find an IP address.
A few gamers also use disguised IP addresses to deceive others and hide their IPs online. Of course, you can do the same thing with a high-quality proxy server or VPN service.
Make sure to avoid using IP addresses for illegal or illegal activity. It is unlawful to use IP addresses for any malicious purpose, and online user security laws prohibit you from doing that.