Are you a Cash App user but unable to borrow money from there? If you have also come up with the question “Why can’t I borrow money from Cash App?”, then this is where you are going to get the answers along with the solutions.
Cash App is one of the many popular peer-to-peer payment services and is getting widely used by users as compared to other money transferring platforms. The app is similar to Zelle, Venmo, and Paypal, yet people prefer using Cash App a lot.
Though this is a popular platform, there are instances when users have to bear with some problems within the Cash App. For instance, sometimes users complain that they are unable to borrow money from Cash App.
If you also can’t borrow money from Cash App, then you must be looking for the possible reasons behind this and how you can sort this out. Well, that’s why we are here for you to give you answers related to the problems you are facing with Cash App.
Also Read: How Do You Cancel Telus Subscriptions in Easy Steps?
Can You Borrow Money From Cash App?
Apart from the money transaction services, Cash App also provides its users with a debit card and a bank account. Users can access the Cash App’s debit card on any ATM machine. Through this debit card, you can easily borrow money from Cash App and pay for it later.
So, the answer is, Yes, you can borrow money from Cash App if you are registered on the platform and have the Cash App debit card that lets you borrow money from Cash App.
Cash App’s Borrow service allows its users to get a short-term loan that Cash App offers through its own platform.
If you are eligible to borrow money from Cash App, you can take up the amount from $20 to $200 as a loan from Cash App that you will need to pay back within four weeks of borrowing, and you will be charged a fee of 5% as interest on the money that you borrowed from Cash App.
Also Read: How To Cancel College Sports Live Subscription In Easy Steps?
How To Borrow Money From Cash App?
If you are eligible to borrow money from Cash App, then here are the simple steps that you will need to follow in order to borrow money from Cash App.
- Launch the Cash App application on your mobile phone.
- At the bottom left corner of the main screen, tap on the Banking icon.
- Scroll through the menu that appears and look for the “Borrow” option.
- When you find “Borrow”, tap on it.
- Now tap on “Unlock” and you will see how much of the amount you are allowed to borrow from Cash App.
- Now follow up as directed and complete the procedure and formalities to borrow the money from Cash App.
Why Can’t I Borrow Money From Cash App?
A lot of users ask “Why can’t I borrow from Cash App?”. There are a lot of reasons and one of them might be stopping you from borrowing money from the Cash App.
The first and the most important thing needed to borrow money from Cash App is the legal documentation. If you want to borrow a Cash App loan of up to $200, you will first need to fulfill all the loan agreement requirements.
Let us find out all the possible circumstances under which you will not be allowed to borrow money from Cash App.
Also Read: Does Chime Have Mobile Check Deposit | Everything About Chime
1. Service Unavailable In Your Location
As the Cash App Borrow service is new on the platform and is still being launched in some of the areas, the service is currently not available across the whole of the US. if you are unable to find the Borrow option in your Cash App account, then the reason could be that you do not fall under the area where the Cash App Borrow service has been rolled out.
2. Not An Active User
If you are not an active user of Cash App, then also you may not find the Borrow option in your Cash App account as the feature is only available for the users that are quite active on the platform. If you are an active Cash Card debit card user, then you will be given priority when lending out loans to the Cash App users.
3. Insufficient Credit Score
If your credit score on Cash App is not sufficient enough to qualify you for borrowing a loan from Cash App, then you will not be allowed to borrow money from Cash App Borrow. Your Cash App account’s previous deposits should add up to a minimum of $1000.
How To Know If You Are Eligible To Borrow Money From Cash App?
If you want to find out if you are eligible to borrow money from Cash App or not, then here are the step that you can follow:
- Launch the Cash App on your device.
- Tap on the Banking icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Look out for the “Borrow” option, if you don’t find it then the feature is simply not available in your location yet. If you find it, then tap on it.
- Start following up as directed to fill up your application to borrow money from Cash App.
- As you enter the information, they will verify if you are eligible for borrowing money as per the information provided.
- If you are not eligible, you will be informed right there, if you are eligible, then you will be allowed to borrow up to $200 of Cash App money from the app.
We hope you got your answer to why can’t I borrow money from Cash App. Share this with your friends who are also struggling with using the Cash App Borrow service. For any queries related to Cash App Borrow, you may ask us in the comments section right below.