Spotify Won’t Play Downloaded Songs. Are your downloaded songs acting like they are streaming but only play when you have a network connection? This article will discuss the causes and possible solutions to make your downloaded songs appear again in your playlist.
Spotify mobile and desktop apps allow you to listen to your favourite tunes. Users love the Spotify app, and they have used it for years. Spotify users can listen to music in any room or on the go by downloading their favourite tunes.
Some users have reported that they cannot play the songs downloaded offline. This problem can occur on both mobile and desktop versions of Spotify. Let’s learn how to fix this Spotify error.
Spotify Won’t Play Downloaded Songs
Spotify Premium users may have difficulty playing downloaded songs in the Spotify app. The following reasons could cause this.
- You have not given Spotify the proper permissions
- For the past 30 days, you haven’t been online using the Spotify app
- Your Spotify app is not working
- You’re downloading your songs to more than 5 devices.
- Spotify app can be used to optimize battery life
- Your mobile device’s SD card is not functioning properly
- The app is now uninstalled.
- While trying to download the songs, you haven’t enabled offline mode.
How to Fix Spotify Not Playing Offline Downloaded Music?
These troubleshooting steps will allow you to play downloaded songs and have them appear in your playlist.
Restart your device and log back into Spotify
Restarting your device is the first and easiest way to fix it. The device’s cache and temporary bugs can be fixed by restarting. If you are using a desktop computer, select the restart option in the Start menu. To turn off your Android smartphone or tablet, you can use the power button. To select off, press the power button on the iPhone.
Next, open the Spotify app on your mobile or desktop and log into your Spotify account. (Interlink here to the Spotify error 2 articles when published). You should now be able to listen to your music.
Allow Spotify Permissions
It is possible for your mobile app to not grant Spotify the appropriate permissions. This can cause the app’s malfunction and prevent you from playing the downloaded music. Spotify permissions can be enabled by following this link:
- Go to the Settings menu on your mobile phone
- Click on the Apps Management button or Apps
- Scroll down to tap the Spotify app
- Tap on Permissions to allow everything
Spotify for Battery Optimization: Disable
Sometimes, the Spotify app’s battery optimization may be enabled. This can cause some core features to be restricted. You need to disable this option. This is how to do it:
- The Mobile Settings menu is available.
- Tap on the Spotify app in the Apps List
- Next, tap on Battery usage to disable any options that prevent Spotify from launching when it is in power-saving mode or low battery.
Turn on Offline Mode
To ensure that you can only listen to the songs you have downloaded, the Spotify app uses offline mode. The offline mode stops Spotify from connecting to any network or using bandwidth for other online activities once enabled. Many users have solved the problem of their music not playing by turning on the offline mode.
Reinstall Spotify App
You may have to remove the Spotify app completely from your device. You may have problems with Spotify’s installation files. This could prevent you from listening to or downloading your music.
Talk to a Spotify expert today
You can download your Spotify songs if you’ve tried all the suggestions and still cannot play them. A specialist will be able to fix it so that you can start listening to your favourite songs immediately.
How to enable offline mode on Spotify App
To enable Spotify offline mode on your desktop computer.
- Sign in to Spotify using your browser
- Click the three horizontal dots in the upper left corner.
- Click on File in the menu and then click Offline Mode.
Spotify Mobile App:
- Log in to Spotify and tap the Settings gear icon.
- To toggle Offline Mode, tap on Playback.
This article should have helped you resolve the Spotify won’t play downloaded music issue on your mobile device or desktop. Before applying any solution, ensure that your SD card is functioning and that you have not recently reinstalled Spotify. In this instance, you will need to download all songs again to make them appear in your library.
You may also have other issues with Spotify, such as not being able to play certain songs on your iPhone. We offer another fix guide.