You have tried to download RuneScape on your desktop, but it won’t launch. Is the problem also occurring when RuneScape is launched from the Steam client?
This guide will explain why RuneScape Won’t Launch On PC and how to fix it. Jagex developed RuneScape in 2001. The developers released Old School RuneScape in 2013 after RuneScape 3.
he gaming client can be downloaded on your computer and on your mobile device. Users also love RuneScape and rated it 9/10 on Steam.
Many players have reported that the RuneScape launcher doesn’t work, and the game doesn’t load. Some players also have trouble loading the game from the Steam client.
Why Doesn’t RuneScape Won’t Launch On PC?
RuneScape may not launch through Steam or the gaming client because of these reasons.
- RuneScape will be updating, and you may experience an outage.
- Your ISP has blocked game access from your network.
- Your computer has an obsolete Java version.
- Windows firewall settings prevent the RuneScape client from launching on a PC.
- Your GPU drivers may be out of date.
- To view the game content via HDMI cable, you are viewing it on another screen.
- The integrity of RuneScape’s game files has been compromised.
- Your system runs on an obsolete OS version.
How can you fix RuneScape if it won’t open?
If RuneScape does not launch on your computer, you can try the following troubleshooting steps.
Also Read: PUBG Sound Not Working: Easy How to Fix It
Use a VPN
Sometimes you may be subject to geo-restrictions that prevent running the game on your network. If you are using a browser to access RuneScape, we recommend that you use a VPN to connect with a geo-supported server so that the RuneScape website can launch the game.
Java is required to launch RuneScape or Old School RuneScape. An older Java version might not work with RuneScape. You can fix this issue by deleting older Java versions from your computer and installing the most recent. Run RuneScape to confirm the fix.
Run Windows update
A broken OS could cause RuneScape to stop launching. To ensure that RuneScape can launch on your computer, you should update the OS build. Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update -> Check For Updates.
Mac users can update their OS using the Apple menu. Navigate to System Preferences > Software Update -> Update Now.
RuneScape client to be allowed through Windows firewall
You can’t launch the RuneScape/Steam client if Windows firewall settings are blocked. The following steps will allow the gaming client to pass through your firewall.
- Click on Windows Control Panel and choose the System and Security option.
- Click on the Windows Firewall option and choose “Allow an App or Feature.”
- Next, click the Change settings button.
- Select RuneScape Client and review both the private and public options.
- Save the changes, and check if RuneScape launches at this time.
Updating graphic card drivers
If Runescape is not being launched on your Steam client or PC, you might try updating the GU drivers.
For Windows, type devmgmt.msc in the Run command to reach your device manager. Expand the Display adapters section and right-click your graphics card. Next, choose Update driver and then select the Automatic Windows Search option.
If you have downloaded the client and can’t launch it for the first time through the default client shortcut on your desktop, you’ll have to use the launcher application located at C:/Program Files/Jagex/RuneScape Launcher/RuneScape.exe.
After that, you can create a shortcut for the client on your desktop and pin it to the taskbar. This should allow the game to launch and load.
What is the average time it takes to update RuneScape’s system?
Jagex releases regular system content-related updates for the RuneScape engine. These updates may be an improvement, new quest or modification of existing game sections.
The RuneScape update takes between 2 and 20 minutes to upload to the game engine. It may take up to an hour for important updates such as Bot Nuke.
If you are unable to log in to your RuneScape gaming client, it may be because the RuneScape has been updated. Wait for a while, and then relaunch your client.
What is the best way to run RuneScape compatible mode?
Compatibility issues may arise when you try to launch RuneScape on Windows 10. It is possible to fix this by changing the previous Windows OS launch configurations. This is how to do it:
- Right-click on the RuneScape Client or Old School RuneScape Client and select Properties.
- Check the “Run this application in compatibility mode” box under the Compatibility tab.
- Next, choose an older version from the drop-down menu.
- You can also select “Run this programme as an administrator” to apply the changes.
- Launch the RuneScape client to see if the problem persists.
Steam client users can use the above method to run the Steam client in Windows compatibility mode.
Why is RuneScape stuck loading resources for applications?
RuneScape might get stuck on launch if you connect your computer to another screen using an HDMI cable. This issue can be fixed:
- Close RuneScape client, and unplug HDMI cable from PC and second screen.
- Relaunch the client and plug the HDMI cable on the other end into the second screen.
- Plugin the HDMI cable at the other end of your computer.
This guide should have helped you resolve the RuneScape launching problems on your computer. The above steps resolved the gaming client issues, but they didn’t launch the game on Steam. You can verify the integrity of the files on Steam. You can also reinstall RuneScape via Steam and the client to fix the problem.