Are you playing one of the games you have installed using the PS5 gaming console and are experiencing an error message “Something was wrong”? This error can cause that game, application, or program to fail or close? This article will discuss this error in depth.
PS5 Error was announced on the 12th of November in 2020. It is interoperable with PS4 Games. PS5’s User Interface is easy to use and includes all the latest features from gaming consoles, such as live updates on friends, multiplayer activities, and single-player games.
But, the “something has gone wrong’ error on PS5 could be a nightmare for all players since your saved data could lose its value if a particular program crashes. Let us explain what causes this error and what you can do to correct it.
Also Read: No Sound On TikTok: Fix Audio On Social App
What Makes PS5 Error | PS5 Can’t Load Something Wrong?
Here are a few possible causes that can cause the “Can’t load something that went Wrong” warning message to appear on Playstation 5.
- There is something wrong with the internet connectivity that triggers the “can’t load” error.
- PS5 servers are down or experiencing technical issues that prevent the console from communicating with them.
- Your account may be suspended or removed.
What Can You Do To Solve PS5 That Couldn’t Load Something Wrong?
To correct the issue, You can attempt the following troubleshooting techniques.
Also Read: New World Isn’t Fullscreen | How to Maximize The Display
Verify PlayStation server status
Sometimes, a disruption with or interruption of the Playstation network can result in a “Can’t connect” error message on the PS5 gaming console. Therefore, it is recommended to first determine the status of the official PSN server state in your area. If you find that something is not working with the Server, you have to wait until the issue is resolved and the Server has started responding in a timely manner to the PS5.
Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
If you’re experiencing problems with WIFI signal strength or are experiencing slow internet speeds, Your PS5 may show an error while loading content. To determine the issue with the Internet for the PS5 console:
- Go to Settings and then to Network
- Then, you can go to the Connection status.
- Choose Test Internet Connection
After the test for network connectivity is finished and a problem is discovered regarding the speed recommendations, you should restart your router or contact your Internet service provider in order to resolve the problem. Connect to the Internet using an Ethernet cable and then run the test once more.
Also Read: How to Fix Network Error Code 408 in US Cellular
Modify the game menu settings
Sometimes, deactivating WIFI before loading an application on your PS5 will fix the loading issue. How to do it:
- Go into the game menu on your Playstation 5
- Then, navigate to the WIFI Settings, and then check the box that says Enable.
- If you are connecting to the Internet, hit on the Play Online button a few times before trying to connect.
- Verify that the error has been corrected.
Install the game application
If you suspect that a particular game or app is responsible for the problem, you could remove them and then reinstall them. This method works for all gamers. To apply this fix to your PS5:
- Visit the PS5 Home screen and highlight the specific app or game that’s causing the error.
- Use the Option key, then select Delete, then press OK.
- Go back to the home screen and choose Game Library.
- Scroll down and locate the application you deleted, then click it.
- Select download and launch the game application
How can you fix your PS5 when it states that there was a problem?
If none of these solutions helped you resolve the “Can’t load Something went Wrong” error, then you should find out if an update is on the market for the PS5 console. The new software could contain an update that solves the issues discovered in previous versions of the software. Check for a system update and to apply it:
- Verify that the PS5 is connected to the Internet.
- At the top of the screen is the Home page. Click on the Settings menu and then click System.
- Go through the System Software
- Next, select System Software Update and then choose Settings.
- Select the option to update System Software
- In the event that an upgrade is made available and you have it installed, your PS5 can download the update and set it up in order to solve the problem.
How do you reset the PS5?
In most cases, you can correct game glitches by resetting your PS5. For this, follow these steps:
- Save your files and backup them by clicking Settings > System> Backup and Restore
- Select Backup now. PS5 to save your PS5 data to an external drive
- Then, press Power to shut off PS5
- After a couple of seconds After a second, press and hold the Power button until you release it after you hear another beep from PS5.
- Connect your controller to the console and press the PS button put it in a secure mode.
- Choose one of the options: Reset PS5 as well as Reset PS5 (Reinstall System Software)
- Give it a couple of minutes for the process to finish, and then restart PS5 to boot in normal mode.
Other than the PS5 server issue, In addition, the “Can’t launch” error is a sign there was a problem with the console or game or app as well as with the internet connectivity. It is likely that you have resolved this issue on the console and are playing your games without issue.