Are you wondering why your iRobot app isn’t working? Or how can you remotely control your Roomba without it? This guide will help you fix iRobot App Not Working.
The modern age of technology has made communication, business and everything else possible wirelessly. Smart tech is everywhere, from modern mobile phones to vacuum cleaners. The iRobot Roomba makes it easy to do the tedious task of cleaning the house.
The Roomba can operate independently, much like a silent cleaner. It can self-charge and clean itself, depending on which model you choose. The iRobot Home App is a large part of Roomba’s functionality. It allows you to view the Roomba vacuum’s details, map the area, and set cleaning routines.
Also Read: How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Error 1161 In 5 Easy Steps
How do I Fix iRobot App Not Working?
Here are the best ways to get your Roomba app back.
Solution #1: Force close the app
For the iRobot app on iOS:
- Press the Home button on the iPhone or swipe up (iPhone X+) to view the home screen.
- Double-press the Home button or swipe up and hold iPhone X and later) to view the background apps.
- Scroll down the list and move left and right until the iRobot Home application is found. To force close the app, swipe up on its screen.
Also Read: Can People See When You Screenshot On Instagram | Myth Buster
For iRobot App for Android:
- Go to the Settings app for your Android phone.
- Scroll down to locate Apps and Application Manager from the list.
- Scroll through the app list until you find iRobot Home. Tap on it.
- Click the Force Stop button to confirm your action.
Solution #2: Check the connectivity
Your mobile phone and Roomba should be connected to the same wireless network.
- Test the internet connection with another device and verify that it works.
- Ensure that the Roomba docking station and the Home Base docking stations are located close to the wireless router for maximum signal reach.
#3 – Reconnect Roomba with iRobot App
Step 1 – Reset the Roomba
Roomba S & I Series –Press the CLEAN button and wait for 20 seconds. Wait for the bin lid LED to glow in white clockwise.
Roomba 800, 700, 900 Series: Press the CLEAN button for 10 seconds. After a few seconds, the robot vacuum will play a restart tone to inform that it is being reset.
Step 2 – Uninstall and reinstall iRobot App.
- Find and press the robot home icon on your home screen.
- Hold the icon down until all app icons shake.
- Click the red button to uninstall the app icon, and confirm your actions.
Android: Hold the app icon down until you see the Uninstall button. To remove the app icon, drag it to the top of your screen and drop it onto the Uninstall button.
After the Roomba reset has been completed, you can set up the app as you did the first time.
- Start the iRobot Home App and ensure that Bluetooth is on.
- Set the Roomba name, and ensure that the device is in range of the wireless network.
- Enter the WiFi password and select the WiFi network you wish the Roomba to connect.
- Once you hear a tone, place the Roomba on the base.
- You can confirm this action via the mobile app and then wait for the Roomba’s connection with the app.
The app is supported by the manufacturer and receives regular updates. However, there are still occasional errors and crashes. Several customers of iRobot Roomba have complained that the app frequently malfunctions or fails to connect to their robot vacuum cleaner. Here’s a guide on how to fix it.