Have you ever had someone text you regularly, and you have to check their messages constantly to not be perceived as rude?
Do you ever want to stop someone from messaging you, but in a subtle manner? If you’ve answered “yes” to any of those questions, then you’re in the right spot since you’ve found an answer.
There are many features on Discord, but How To Unfriend Someone On Discord.
There are two ways to remove someone from Discord and two ways to create friendships. (Because everything requires a certain amount of balanced balance, doesn’t it?)
Also Read: Tinder Not Showing Matches or Likes? Here’s Easy Fix
When you remove someone from your friend’s list via Discord?
If you delete the friend from your list and they do not receive an email notification. If you share servers with the person you removed, You will not be capable of viewing their messages.
Also, they will be taken off your “Friends” list. They will not be able to DM you as well. If they attempt to contact you, they’ll get an error message that reads, “This message could not be delivered because you don’t share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or the recipient blocked you.” That’s quite a mouthful.
However, they will be able to determine that you’ve deleted your account. If that’s a concern for you, try method 2 below. It’s not as effective as having someone removed from your life, but it’s the most effective option in this instance.
Also Read: Random Photos Appearing On My Phone! Here’s Why & Easy Fix
How To Unfriend Someone On Discord
Method 1: Unfriending
To remove someone from your friend list on Discord, Follow these steps:
Also Read: How do I connect Soundcloud to Discord? How to Create A Custom Discord Status with YouTube, Twitch and More
- First, you must open the Discord application (you can also do this using your internet browser) of your preference. Sign in using your username and password.
- Then, go to a server you share with the person. If you don’t have a shared server, don’t fret! You can search for their name using the search bar located at the top.
- Simply click on the Discord tag. This is an option to right-click on your desktop.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Remove Friend”. If you’re using a smartphone, it is possible to swipe to the right side of the Discord tag, then tap to reveal the “More” option, then choose “Remove Friend”.
Method 2: Muting
To disable people on Discord, Follow these steps:
- The first step is to start the Discord application (you can also do this using the internet browser) of your preference. Sign in using your username and password.
- Then, go to a server you share with the person. If you don’t have a shared server, don’t fret! It is also possible to accomplish this via your DMs.
- Simply click on the Discord tag. This is an option to right-click on the desktop.
- Click the checkbox next to the “Mute” “Mute” option from the drop-down menu. If you’re using DMs to perform this task, swipe left, click “Notification”, and choose a period to mull the DMs for.