Now, you’re looking to get rid of the Discord server that you manage. But, before you leave, you should know how to transfer ownership rights to someone else.
In this article, you’re going to learn how to Transfer Ownership of Discord Server to another member via various devices.
Also Read: Why Did Snapchat Freeze Scores in 2022?
What do you need in order to Transfer Ownership of Discord Server?
Before we go over the specific steps to follow in order to transfer the ownership of the Discord server, you must know the tools you will need to complete the task. This transfer is possible via the desktop application for Windows/Mac using the browser or an app for iOS or Android.
The fact that you’re a moderator or hold the privilege of having permission-packed roles on a server does not automatically mean you can transfer ownership over to another. The privileges you have don’t mean that you are the server’s owner.
Thus, only one Discord owner of the server can transfer ownership of the server. Each server is restricted to a maximum of four owners.
An “ownerless” server can remain in existence for a time, but it will be deleted when the server is accessed. If you would like the server to remain in existence, ensure that you transfer ownership to another service user.
As we mentioned, you can accomplish this by using Windows, Mac, Chromebook, or even an iPhone/Android device. The basic principle is pretty identical across all platforms.
Also Read: Ninjago Musical Discord Server
How do I Transfer Ownership of Discord Server Windows 10 and macOS?
Due to Discord’s status as a VoIP game-focused app, it was initially designed and developed primarily specifically for Windows platforms (it’s the one that many gamers utilize). However, the platform has grown past gamer-only use (for instance, many cryptocurrency-oriented startups prefer using Discord for communicating with their communities). The application is now available on Apple computers, as well. The method for transferring ownership for macOS is the same as it does on Windows applications.
Here’s how you can quickly and easily transfer ownership of the server to another participant of the server using the Discord Windows or Mac application.
- Start the Discord application and browse to the server that you are looking for by using the left-hand list of servers.
- Right-click on the icon of the server.
- Move your cursor over and then click on the “Server Settings” entry.
- Select “Members” from the menu on the left side that appears.
- Find the server user you wish to transfer ownership to, then move the mouse over that entry.
- Click on the 3-dot icon.
- Choose “Transfer Ownership.”
- If asked, confirm the transfer.
Also Read: Discord Inspect Element Not Working
How to transfer ownership to a server running Discord Chromebook
Unfortunately, a Discord app for Chrome OS devices doesn’t exist. This shouldn’t be surprising since Chromebooks are mostly browser-based. But don’t fret. It is possible to access Discord through your browser and vice versa. The standard login option on Discord.com lets you log in to your account just as you would with any other application or service.
But, if you’re not interested in using your credentials to sign in to Discord, its login screen will display a QR code you can scan with your mobile application (if you’re already signed in). This is how to sign in to Discord by using this QR code feature.
- Visit Discord.com.
- Select “Open Discord” in your browser.
- There’s the QR code.
- Get your tablet or smartphone out and start the Discord application.
- Find your profile icon in the lower-right area of your screen.
- Click “Scan QR Code.”
- Utilize the camera of your device to verify you’ve got the correct QR codes displayed on the screen of your computer within the white rectangle of your tablet or smartphone.
- Make sure you have confidence in the computer that you are using.
Once you’ve signed in, follow the instructions that are outlined for the Windows or Mac app above to transfer ownership of the server.
Also Read: What’s New About Discord Server Wonderland
How do I Transfer Ownership of Discord Server on Android and iOS?
In general, there was an enormous difference between the applications that were used on iOS or Android devices. However, as of late, there’s been a trend toward creating Android apps that resemble their iOS counterpart. The tablet and mobile Discord application is a great illustration of this trend. It doesn’t matter if you’re on your iPad, iPhone, or any Android device. The steps to transfer ownership are identical for all devices. In actuality, the whole process is very similar to the process previously described for Windows and macOS devices.
- Launch the Discord application on your device and sign in to Your Discord account.
- Choose the server that you wish to transfer ownership of the server from the left-hand menu.
- Swipe left to open the list of channels.
- On the top of the display, just below “Server Name, tap on the three dots icon.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Scroll towards the” Users Management” section. Scroll down until the “User Management” section, then click “Members.”
- Select the initials of the person to whom you wish to transfer ownership.
- Select “Transfer Ownership.”
- Confirm if prompted.
What if There Wasn’t Any Owner?
Each Discord server will have an administrator at some time. The server cannot be made without one, even if it’s bots (more on this in the future). If, however, the sole owner of the Discord server decides to remove their account without transferring ownership of the server, the server will remain ownerless at least for a short time.
During this time, members of the server will be able to access it; however, should they fail to take the necessary steps, then the server will be removed automatically at an undetermined time. So, a member of a server, even if they enjoy all the rights to the owner, can’t be granted ownership of the server independently.
The best option in this situation is to contact Discord Support and ask them to help. Here’s how to send the request for ownership transfers in the direction of Discord Support.
- Visit this page to access the support page for Discord.
- under “What can we assist you?” select “Help & Support.”
- Enter your email address. Be sure to input the email address you’re using to access your Discord account. If there are multiple Discord accounts, then use the account’s address that is present on the server you’re trying to connect to.
- In the section “Type of question?” select “Server Ownership Transfer Request.”
- Then, in the “Subject” field, type in something that reads like “Server owner has deleted their account and requires assistance with transfer of ownership of the server.”
- In the section titled “Description,” be sure to clearly and precisely describe the scope of the issue. It is important to include all relevant details here. If you know the username of the previous owner, Include this in addition.
- In the section “Server Member Count,” select <100 or >100 depending on the current size of the server.
- Attach attachments if needed.
- Finalize with a click “Submit.”
While most transfers are handled without difficulty and quickly resolved, However, you must be conscious that servers that have less than 100 members may not be considered to be a priority. But, we are able to declare the following: Discord Support will do everything they can to assist in completing your request.
How can I get rid of the person who runs Discord? Discord server?
Server owners, especially in the case of large servers, are generally reliable. However, there is no guarantee that a Discord account is protected from hacks or other intrusions. Additionally, the account owner could begin to behave in a manner that is detrimental to the server as a whole. There isn’t an option to punish the owner or the person who is the creator of the server. This also implies that a server user can’t join with any other person with the aim of taking down a server’s owner.
What is the best way to transfer ownership of a bot on the Discord server?
Discord was not designed with the notion of bot ownership in mind. It is not possible to transfer ownership to the bot. There are ways to use Python or “discord.js” configurations that could assist the user in creating the owner-owned bots for Discord. But, this isn’t easy and will require complex and third-party methods. In the event that your site is crucial to you, it’s not advised to change the ownership of your bot unless you’ve had experience with programming.
What exactly is what is a Discord server?
After you’ve set up your Discord account, you are able to connect with friends and chat with other Discord users. But the main focus of Discord is to use “servers” for chat rooms. Each Discord user is able to create and moderate servers. On each server, users have the ability to modify channels, add or remove channels and assign permissions to different users who access the channels. In simple terms the simplest terms, the Discord server can be described as a group-based environment where individuals can talk to one another.
Can a Discord server be secure?
Servers and accounts on Discord are utterly susceptible to hacking and are usually targeted by cybercriminals of all kinds. If you make the correct privacy settings and assign trusted individuals to handle bots, spam, and hostile users, you can transform it into an environment that is safe for people who are like-minded to meet, discuss issues and play video games with, and more.
What is the reason behind Discord 13+?
Users under 13 are not able to legally sign up for an official Discord account. This is because of the Terms of Service for Discord. Concerning NSFW (Not Safe for Work) content, it is closely checked by the support staff of Discord. It is possible to publish NSFW information on Discord servers with the 18+ age restriction (set by the server’s owner).
Transferring Ownership of Discord
We hope that this article has been able to assist you in transferring the ownership of your server with someone else Discord user, regardless of whether you’re looking to remove or deleting your Discord account or would like to have an additional owner on your side. As you will see, ownership transfers are easy regardless of what device you’re using to access the Discord application.
Did you accomplish the transfer of ownership successfully? Have you encountered any difficulties? Tell us about it in the comments section here, and we’ll try our best to assist you in resolving the issue.