Are you in search of excellent PC VR games to play? Discord is a fantastic option for playing VR games on your PC.
In this article, we’ll teach you Stream VR On Discord. We’ll also discuss certain best practices to use for streaming VR content on Discord.
Also Read: How to Make a Poll on Discord | 3 Easy Method for PC and Android
Can You Stream VR On Discord?
It is possible to share the Virtual Reality screen with others on the same server. Discord allows gamers, developers, tech geeks, developers, and many others to communicate via a server that supports messages and voice calls. Thus, it was imperative to start”Go Live” feature ” Go Live” feature.
The Discord Go Live feature was designed to enhance the user experience. Discord has more than 250 million active users. Every upgrade is a reflection of the platform’s mission of making the platform user-friendly.
Discord’s roots are in the development of a platform that enables gamers to connect. It is currently used across the globe by businesses to communicate as well as business growth. It has become an option that is a viable alternative to giants such as Microsoft Teams and Slack.
Discord’s basic features can be downloaded and used for free without cost. The entire features, such as the creation of an account and setting up servers, are utilized for free. The Discord Nitro is able to be updated in order to enhance your server’s live streaming or video capability. However, it isn’t required for the majority of users.
Discord allows you to connect the screen sharing feature into your VR to provide a more immersive gaming experience.
Now, you can allow other users to view their Virtual Reality headsets. Furthermore, Discord overlay allows you to communicate with other gamers within Your Virtual Reality environment.
Also Read: How To Stream Netflix On Discord | Easy Ways
How to Stream VR on Discord
There are a variety of methods to stream VR on Discord. SteamVR is the best method to broadcast VR through Discord. To stream your VR on Discord, take these steps:
- Open your Discord application.
- You can set up servers to invite friends manually or share the hyperlinks.
- Install SteamVR
- Install the game you would like to stream with your friends.
- Start SteamVR and make sure SteamVR is running within the background.
- Begin your project.
- For live streaming, make sure you connect to Discord. Discord will display your game on the server’s navigation panel.
- Click on “STREAM GAME NAME.” A pop-up will pop up to confirm that the stream has been started.
- Click on STREAM.
SteamVR can be launched automatically when you launch the game, but it’s feasible for Discord to fail or become damaged. SteamVR must be manually launched prior to the launch of either the stream, game, or game.
SideQuest can be used as well to incorporate Discord into your Oculus Quest Virtual Reality experience.
NOTE: If you want to stream VR via Discord, then you’ll need to utilize the SteamVR mirror screen on your headset. To accomplish this, start your Steam virtual reality application and choose your Mirroring option. Select the Discord app and then click connect.
Also Read: How To See Deleted Messages On Discord By Messageloggerv2
How to Stream VR on Discord Oculus Quest
For streaming VR on Discord using Oculus Quest, or the Oculus Quest headset, you need to make use of “Casting.”
Casting refers to the process of projection of your VR headset’s content onto your Computer to stream life or for sharing. Making casting with your VR devices is possible through a variety. It can be done using Chrome Cast, Oculus casting websites, as well as webcam and audio devices. Oculus casting offers the highest affordable alternative. We will go over how to utilize this method.
- Make use of your browser to visit Oculus casting site. Oculus casting website.
- Utilize your Facebook or Oculus account to sign in to the website
- Choose”Share” and click on the “Share” and “Cast” options on your headset. Select”Share” and “Cast” “Share” and “Cast” buttons to view the Computer available under the choices.
- Click “Computer.” This will let you transfer audio and video files onto your PC.
Below are some steps needed to solve audio issues.
- Startup Virtual Desktop using Oculus apps
- Once you have launched the application, select the Virtual Desktop menu.
- Go to Settings and then enable audio pass-through for the headset via settings for the Virtual Desktop settings.
Why Skyrim VR Won’t Stream On Discord
Skyrim VR won’t stream on Discord because, once Skyrim VR opens, Discord will show Discord with the “Stream SteamVR” button. This isn’t what you’re looking for, even though it shows the game’s window. It can be corrected by shutting the SteamVR before you begin streaming.
Also Read: How To Make A Spoiler Text Or Image In Discord | 3 Easy Ways
How to Stream Oculus Quest 2 to Discord
There are two ways to stream your Oculus Quest games through Discord.
The casting of browsers to Discord
- Log into Oculus and start the casting process of the Oculus Quest 2 to your browser. The casting of the Oculus Quest 2 only to Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge is not possible.
- After you’ve logged in after which, you’ll be able to navigate to the page for casting.
- Then step is to click the Oculus button on your controller to access the menu of your headset.
- There are four options on the upper of your screen. Choose the option to Cast.
- Select Next to select the machine you want to cast from.
- It should be possible to connect your headset to your browser if you follow the steps. To confirm the casting, check the black dot on the top of the screen.
- Open Discord to start screen sharing. There are two options to choose from to choose your preferred browser within the apps or choose your screen.
Casting with Virtual Desktop
Before moving on to the next stage, we must be aware of the fact that Virtual Desktop costs $19.99 at the time of writing this article.
- Download your Virtual Desktop App on your Oculus Quest 2.
- On your Computer, install it with the Virtual Desktop streamer app.
- Connect to your app using Quest 2, launch the desktop application and enter your Oculus user name.
- Open and open the Virtual Desktop in Quest 2. You should be able to view your Desktop screen if you’re connected properly.
- To open the Desktop window, Press the Menu button.
- Check that you have the Microphone Passthrough option is enabled in the Settings menu. It is recommended to disable noise cancellation.
- Choose your VR Graphics Quality section based on the performance that your graphic card has. You can set the quality from medium to high or low.
- Set VR Bitrate to default
- Start Discord and then set the microphone’s audio input device under Discord’s Voice & Video setting. Make the output device set as the default.
How to Stream VR Game Window to Discord
The game can be streamed live to Discord. VR game on Discord simply by launching it via steam VR. Go to Discord to start the live stream. One game is only streamed at any moment. To stream, simply click on the name of the game. Then follow these instructions to broadcast VR games on Discord.
First, install the client discord on your Computer. The next step is to create servers. Click the plus icon on the left-hand side of the screen to create discord servers. It is necessary to join your friends on the server. After you’ve done this, you will be able to join the server of your friend.
Then, install Steam VR on your PC. Start Steam VR and. You can then play the game you’re interested in playing with your buddies. Be sure to already have Steam VR installed on your PC. Then you will be able to see the URL and the name of the game in the server navigation.
Then, click on the “monitor icon. It will then open a brand new window in which you are able to select which resolution or frame rate you like. For high-resolution streaming to be enabled, it is necessary to have the discord Nitro subscription. You’ll view the game’s display on your screen once you hit the live button.
How to stream VR on Sound
The audio usually isn’t working when streaming VR. It is typically due to the method by which the stream was initiated. The stream might be broken if SteamVR was launched prior to the game begins. Sometimes it will show the movie, but the audio won’t.
Below are some ways to resolve this issue:
- Before you start the game, ensure that SteamVR is running.
- You’ll see a button within the SteamVR settings where you can connect audio to the primary device. Make it your VR headset’s audio.
- Start SteamVR after having set the audio and then launching it.
- Before streaming in Discord, Make sure the game is running.
- You can select which game you would like to stream before you begin the stream. Choose the game you want to stream. A pop-up will show to confirm that you’ve begun your stream.
Discord Stream Game Not Working Issues Can Using Various Methods
There are many reasons which can trigger the Discord stream to cease functioning. Each one has its own remedy. Here are some steps to follow:
It is recommended to do this so that you will be able to address the issue.
- Discord can be integrated into conjunction with other programs. Discord might be affected by another software. This means that Discord might cease to work.
- In the event, you might experience problems when streaming games.
- The issue can be fixed by restarting the computer.
- The apps that run on the Computer will cease at the time it shuts off.