GIFs sent on WhatsApp for Android and iPhone are slightly different. But how to Send GIFs On WhatsApp.
- You can send GIFs to WhatsApp to express emotions, feelings, or thoughts to the person you’re chatting with
- WhatsApp stores stored GIFs on both iPhone as well as Android. Users can access this library.
- This story is part of Business Insider’s Guide for WhatsApp.
GIFs are a fun way for friends to communicate. Users send animated images that express their feelings, thoughts, or mood. WhatsApp lets users send and receive GIFs and has a collection of saved GIFs. The image can be edited as a static photo, and a caption added by the sender.
Here are the steps to send GIFs via WhatsApp.
How to Send GIFs On WhatsApp
1. Navigate to “Chats” in WhatsApp. Click on an existing chat or start a new one.
- For iPhone owners, tap the “+” icon to the right of the text box. Choose “Photo and Video Library.” All photos and videos from your iPhone will be displayed. Click “GIF” in the lower left corner.
- Select the smiley face icon next to the message box on an Android. Tap GIF at bottom of screen.
2. GIFs will appear in a list. Scroll down to view more or enter search terms in the text box to locate a particular GIF.
3. Choose the GIF you wish to send. The preview screen will appear and allow you to edit the GIF. You can also add captions. Once you are satisfied, click the arrow button and send.