Discord has been a favored virtual meeting platform for various communities for years. The first time it was used solely by gamers and their friends, the site was a great place to meet people.
It has many benefits that make it ideal for exchanging ideas and chatting with people interested in the same things that you do.
A feature Discord users appreciate is the capability to record voice conversations. It’s not something you can do with all platforms.
Suppose you’ve never used it before. You may not know which method to use to Record Discord Audio. For more information on it, take a look at our walkthrough below.
Also Read: How to Cancel Discord Subscription? Best Way
How to Record Discord Audio
How to Record Sound Recordings with Discord on IOS devices
When you’re using your iPhone or iPad to connect to Discord and record, the recording features built into the app aren’t compatible with the platform. However, don’t fret; there is a way to record audio with the recording bot in Discord known as Craig.
One of the most useful features Craig offers is the ability to record several speakers simultaneously and save them in separate files. So you don’t have to spend time trimming or making edits manually. However, you’ll still have the editing option if you want it.
This means that Craig isis one of the top choices for podcasts, but there are other uses. Before you start recording, ensure that all participants know the recording. In certain states, it’s unlawful to record someone without their consent or being aware.
Here’s how you can make use of Craig.
- It is necessary to set up your Discord server before creating one. Once you have done that, go to CraigBot’s official site and then click on the “Invite Craig to Your Discord Server” option “Invite Craig to Your Discord Server” option.
- Log in to access the bot.
- Connect it with the server you’ve set up using the commands: craig:, join (name of your server). The program will begin recording your desired chat.
- After you’ve finished recording, make the following instruction: Craig:, leave (server’s name). This can finish the recording, and you’ll receive an email with a link to tap and transfer the recorded audio.
- Select AAC or FLAC. The files will then be stored on your iPhone, and you will be able to modify them.
How to record the Discord Audio on Android
The Craig bot mentioned in the previous section can be used on Android phones. The steps required to use it are the same as for iOS devices.
However, as we said, you can only utilize Craig when you’re the one that created the server.
Can you make audio recordings on a server with which you’re an associate? Luckily, yes. There are numerous apps available to get through Google Play. Google Play store that allows recording audio, like the well-known Camtasia. It’s great for recording tutorials as well. It’s still necessary to separate audio from video after recording when you just need the audio.
How to record Discord Audio on the Computer
You can also use the Craig bot to record on your Personal Computer. You could also store the recording (or documents) in your .wmv format in this scenario.
There are different ways to record audio in Discord using personal computers with Windows and Mac computers. If you’re not the server owner, You can’t use Craig.
How to record Sound Recordings from Discord with OBS
The most widely used instrument for recording audio from Discord on PCs can be the OBS recorder. It’s free, but you can donate to the site so that they will continue to allow the download for free. There’s even a channel on Discord specifically dedicated to this program which you can join and ask any questions you’d like to learn about the program.
OBS also lets you do screen recording, which means you can set up the software according to what you want to record.
To record with OBS, Do these things:
- Start the program and then click the “+” icon on the right side of the screen located in “Sources.”
- You’ll notice a new menu appear on the screen, where you’ll need to select “Audio output capture.”
- Within the next window, choose the source for your audio on the desktop and then click “OK” on the right of the page to save your selection.
- Choose whether you’re using earphones or speakers under “Properties.” There are choices in the drop-down menu. So when you’ve selected the output device, choose “OK” to keep it.
- It’s not required, but it’s recommended that you try the tool before when you begin recording to make sure that everything is working. Under “Audio Mixer,” you’ll see audio sliders. They’ll move when OBS is receiving audio. For instance, you can play the music from your PC for the test. At this point, you can also alter the volume of the recording.
- You’re now ready to begin recording audio, then navigate through “Controls” on the bottom left corner, and choose “Start Recording.” You’ll also see “Settings” there, and you can click on it to select a different file format for your recordings.
- After you’re done, When you’re finished, click “File” on the top of the screen, and select “Show Records” to open all the recordings you’ve made. These are usually empty video files with only audio and will be identified by the date and time included in the file’s name.
How to record Discord audio with Audacity
Audacity is another tool available for free to use for Discord audio recordings. It works with various operating systems, including macOS, Windows, and Linux. It’s extremely flexible when it comes to terms with the file format and the capability to record multiple outputs.
But, bear in mind that only one person is recorded at one time. It’s not the best tool to record more than one speaker. If you’re looking for an efficient tool to record an audio podcast in which you’re the sole speaker, you cannot make a mistake with Audacity. Learn how to record with Audacity.
- Download the software onto your computer and then install it.
- Start Audacity and, when the main window appears, click “Edit.”
- Choose “Preference” and then select “Devices.”
- From the menu, choose your microphone to record your audio.
- It’s time to start Discord and join an audio channel. Click the red button to start recording.
- Clicking the black button will end the recording. You can click “Export” to select an appropriate location to save the file.
How to record Sound from Discord with Windows Xbox Game Bar
Did you know that you can record Discord audio with the Windows Game Bar? It’s incredibly simple. Here’s the procedure.
- When you’re on your keyboard, hit the “Windows” button, and after that, press “G.” This will cause the game’s bar to pop up, and you’ll see all the options displayed on the screen.
- You’ll find the “Audio” section to the left. Select the audio that you wish to record.
- Then, click the microphone icon, and activate it during recording.
- Select”Record”. Click on the “Record” option (or select the Windows keys (Alt + R) shortcut).
- When you close the recording by pressing the icon in the upper right corner, the file will be saved to your Computer.
How to record the Discord audio with Elgato
Elgato Sound Capture is also a good option for those wanting to capture the Discord audio. It’s user-friendly and great to record gameplay. However, you must install the equipment and software before you can capture audio.
Once you’ve connected the device with the device on which you wish to record the audio, download your Elgato Game Capture HD software. Once it’s installed, follow the steps below.
- Launch your Elgato Game Capture HD software and then go to “Settings” or “Settings” to launch Elgato Sound Capture. Elgato Sound Capture.
- Choose “Team Chat” from the menu on the right.
- Choose the drop-down menu to alter the settings. Select the first audio input and set it to activate your mic.
- The next step is selecting the correct output to ensure that you can hear the other speakers, too.
- You can now close the program but remain with the Elgato Game Capture software open to allow you to follow the recording.
You may upload your videos to social media sites or save them to your Computer. They can be saved in various formats, including MP4.
Then, begin recording by clicking the record icon on the lower-left corner.
How do you record Discord Audio to make a podcast?
Depending on the software that you’re using for recording Discord audio, you’ll be able to create great podcasts with Discord’s platform. It’s not surprising that it’s so popular with podcasters since you have numerous options to create and reduce time in the process.
How? The answer is that different software tools provide different editing options and features. For instance, you could download multiple speakers as separate files to not have to edit the whole recording many times. However, you could record a complete show and edit it the way you like while keeping it as a single file.
You may also choose an appropriate format for how you’d like to save your recording. This helps ensure all platforms and applications you’re using work, and you don’t have to convert your data using the converter.
How can I record the Discord Call?
Conversations made on Discord aren’t recorded automatically. But, you can choose one of the methods we’ve outlined in this guide to capture them if needed. You can use the audio for YouTube podcasts or tutorials since this platform is suitable for such.
Be sure to notify anyone who is part of the call and be aware that you’re recording them to avoid legal issues.
Everything from Games to Education
As you will see, recordings of chat on Discord could be employed for many different uses. From gaming to motivational and educational podcasts, the options are virtually infinite.
It’s your responsibility to decide what to accomplish with the recorded content and which one of the strategies will meet your requirements. You’re not restricted by the device you’re using as there are solutions for all kinds of devices: tablets, phones, and even computers.
What do you plan to do in recording the Discord call? Why would you want to make the recording? Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below.