How to Play iMessage Games on iPhone With Your Contacts? You can also send ApplePay payments and make Memojis. The keyboard in your iPhone’s SMS app allows you to play games with your contact.
You can play various iMessage games with your friends as long as your iPhone has been updated to iOS 11 or greater (which almost certainly will be, unless you have been putting off updating since 2017).
These games are easy to play and can be done turn by turn. After you take your turn, wait for your contact to do the same. You do it all entirely using iMessage text.
Here are some tips to get you started.
How to Play iMessage Games on Your iPhone
1. Open the Messages app and tap or search for the contact you wish to play with.
2. Scroll down to the App Store icon. Tap it.
3. This will open an exclusive version of the App store that only shows extensions for iMessage. These stickers are mostly for decoration, but if you scroll down, you’ll see a section called “iMessage Games We Like.” Click the “See All” button beside that title.
4. A complete list of all the games for iMessage will be displayed to you. Each game has its page to view pictures, videos, and other information. You can browse and choose the one that interests you.
5. After you have found the one you like, click on the “Get” button beside it, and you can download it just as you would any other app.
6. To exit the App Store, tap the “X” icon at the top-right corner.
7. Scroll down to the icons below your keyboard until you find the app you have just downloaded. Tap it.
8. This will open a menu that allows you to customize the game you play together. Once you have selected the game type, it will be loaded automatically into your keyboard. As if you were sending a photograph.
9. Like any other message, your game will say “Delivered.” To start your round, tap anywhere on the message.
10. Once you have completed your turn, your friend will play.
11. You’ll get a new message with the game preview from your opponent whenever they complete their turn. To start your next turn, tap it again.
12. You can continue playing until the game ends. Some games, such as basketball, only allow for a few rounds, while others, like chess and polo, have more rounds. You can tap “Play Again” to end a game or send another invitation the same way as before.