Discord servers can be a fantastic method of communicating with fellow members. If the service does not meet your expectations, you can leave it. But, figuring out how to make that decision isn’t always straightforward.
If you’ve ever wondered how to quit your Discord server, you’re in the right place. We’ll guide you through the necessary steps that apply to both computers and mobile.
Also Read: How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord?
How to Leave a Discord Server
There are two methods to leave a Discord server: via the desktop or mobile app. Both work; however, the steps to follow will differ. But, if you’ve made the server you’d like to delete, the procedure will not be identical. But don’t worry. You can do it with only a couple of clicks.
How to Leave a Discord Server That You Made
It’s been a pleasant time running your server, but you’d like to quit the server and erase it. Maybe it’s not as well-known as you thought it would be. No matter the cause, it’s easy to delete and leave the website you created using the following steps:
- Launch Discord.
- The dropdown menu can be opened by tapping on your server on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select Server Settings.
- Select to delete the server at the bottom-left side of the screen.
- Confirm that you wish to remove the server.
After you’ve completed all the procedures, Discord will not exist anymore. If there were any other server members, they wouldn’t access it via the Discord dashboard.
Also Read: How To Stream Nintendo Switch On Discord – 3 Easy Steps
How to Leave a Discord Server Without Deleting It
When Discord users establish servers, they become the owner. What happens if you’re not interested in running the server but want to maintain it?
It’s a good thing that all you need to accomplish is shift ownership of the server to another. This will ensure that you do not run the server anymore. However, it’s still accessible to others.
The easiest way to do it is to accomplish this with a computer
- Open Discord.
- Go to the top left of the screen, and click on the downward arrow next to the server’s name.
- There will be an option dropdown menu with several options. Tap the Server Settings.
- Simply click on Member from the menu to the left.
- Scroll down and look for the person who will be the new owner of the server.
- Move your cursor over their name and tap on the three dots in the middle.
- Tap on Transfer Ownership.
Note Take note of whether you’d like to transfer ownership. Once you’ve done that, it’s virtually impossible to get back the ownership rights unless the other person decides to transfer it.
Unfortunately, you cannot change ownership of a bot account or placeholder account. If you encounter any difficulties getting the transfer completed, then you can attempt the transfer with force by calling the Support team on Discord.
How to Leave a Discord Server on PC and Mac
The majority of Discord users use the PC or Mac for accessing Discord. If you’re one and you’d like to quit Discord, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Start Discord on your computer.
- Go to the server that you would like to quit. It’s in the upper left part of your screen.
- Click to open an option dropdown menu.
- Select Leave Server.
If users quit servers, they won’t be able to see these servers in the server sidebar. Additionally, they can’t write or read messages on the server.
Note: Users who quit a server can return if someone invites them to join the server. If not, the decision to leave is forever.
Also Read: How To Put Discord On Speaker 2022 (iPhone, Android)
How to Leave a Discord Server on iOS
A few people prefer to use Discord for devices like iOS devices. If this is the case, and you’d like to quit the server, read these steps:
- Start Discord on the iOS device.
- Select the server on the left side menu.
- Click on three dots on the upper-right side of the main menu.
- Choose Leave Server.
- Confirm that you are leaving the server.
How to Leave a Discord Server on Android
Deleting the Discord Discord server will follow the same procedure regardless of whether the server is an Android or iOS user. If you switch phones, there won’t be any difficulties following the process. Here are the steps to take in case you’re currently using Discord for Android:
- Start Discord using the Android phone.
- Find the server that you’d like to quit.
- Click at the dots that are next to the server’s name.
- Choose the option to leave the server in the dropdown menu.
- Press “Yes” to confirm the move.
How to Leave a Discord Server Without Anyone Knowing
There’s no method to quit the Discord server without others not being aware. All members in the server will receive an email when a user quits. While the platform does not notify users on the server where you’ve quit, it’s possible that administrators have created bots that notify members of your departure.
It’s very difficult to avoid being detected when you leave an account. But, you can set up an entirely new account for Discord and keep the existing account in the same state as it was. However, this isn’t the best choice for those who already have an image. Another option is to switch your profile name and then unfollow the group. However, this isn’t the most discreet option if someone is curious and looks at your profile.
Do you have any questions that we’ve not answered regarding going off the Discord server? Read the next section to discover the answer.
How Do I Leave a Discord Call?
Many users use Discord not just to communicate but also to make calls. It can also be irritating when you’re on the voice channel, particularly when other users talk throughout the day.
Discord members can end the Discord call on their smartphones or computers. If you’d like to leave a Discord call using a PC, follow these steps you can accomplish it:
* Launch a Discord application.
Go to the lower-left corner of the screen to locate the Voice Connected option.
* Tap the icon for disconnect. It appears to be an icon for a phone with an X.
To make the Discord message on your phone to leave a call, follow these steps:
* Start your Discord App on your smartphone.
* If you’re on the voice channel, you’ll see green lines on the upper right-hand side.
* Click it to open the settings.
* Tap the red icon for disconnecting. It’s located on the right-bottom of the display.
How Do I Add, Manage, and Delete Roles in Discord?
Before users access the server you create, it’s good to set up basic roles. Here’s how:
* Start Discord on your mobile, then sign in to an account on a server.
You can click the dropdown arrow to the left side of the screen.
* Choose Server Settings.
• Click Roles from the sidebar menu to the left.
* Tap” plus” to create the role.
* Make sure you check 28 permissions and then toggle the buttons to select the ones you wish to grant.
* Tap Save Changes.
The management of roles is the same process in introducing new roles follows the same procedure as adding new ones. When the number of users who use your server expands, you add new roles and change their permissions.
If you choose to remove certain roles, here’s what is the procedure you have to do:
* Open Discord.
* Tap the dropdown icon next to the server’s name.
* Select Server Settings.
“Click” on Roles and select the role you wish to eliminate.
* Tap Remove [role name* Tap Delete [role name].
How Do I Delete a Channel in Discord?
Do you wish to deactivate a channel on Discord? If yes, you can do these steps:
* Launch Discord.
• Click the gear icon next to the channel you want to eliminate and tap delete the channel.
* Confirm that you wish to deactivate the channel.
How Do I Clear a Discord Chat?
Technically, it’s not possible to erase an entire Discord chat. However, it is possible to delete the chat messages from your history. The messages will not be visible to you. However, the other user will view the messages. Here’s how:
* Right-click the user to whom you’ve messaged and select the Message option.
* Click to hover over your conversation on the left-hand side of the panel.
* Tap Delete Message.
You can also delete message messages that are on Discord channel: Discord channel:
* Select the channel that you would like to remove messages from. Hover over the Message. Doing this will display three dots in the middle of the Message.
* Click on the icon to choose delete.
* Confirm that you would like to erase the messages.
Make Discord’s Server with just a few clicks.
Sometimes Discord users become bored of the server they are on and decide to go away from it. If this is the scenario with you, you’re aware of the best way to proceed.
Have you tried to quit your server or transfer the server’s ownership to a third party? What did you think of the experience? What were the reasons why you chose to leave your server? Please share your thoughts with your fellow players in the comments below. We’d love to learn more.