Are you looking for a way that lets you hide text in Discord? It happens sometimes that you do not wish a text to be directly displayed on Discord, especially when you are mentioning some sort of spoilers. But no need to worry about this, in this article, we will tell you how you can hide text in Discord.
Discord has been one of the best platforms that let users connect to people whose interests match theirs worldwide. You can text chat as well as video chat with them. There are several channels on different servers that you can join and broaden your information in any aspect you wish to as well as share yours with others.
To hide text in Discord, you will need to use Discord’s spoiler tags that will hide the text you have added unless a user approves to view it on their own accord.
If you want to know in detail how to hide text in Discord, you can go on with reading this article and find out for yourself.
How To Hide Text In Discord?
How to black out text on Discord? Well, if you have heard about spoiler tags, then it will be easier for you to understand how to hide text in Discord mobile app or desktop app easily.
How To Hide Text In Discord Using Spoiler Tags?
Here are the steps that you can follow if you wish to hide the text that you have added on Discord with the help of a spoiler tag.
1. Launch the Discord app on your device, whether it is on mobile or on your Desktop.
2. Now type the text wherever you want to that you are intending to hide.
3. After this type “/spoiler” right in the beginning of the text that you have written.
4. Now you can just simply post your text over there. It will be hidden over there.
The text that you added will get concealed behind a grey box. Whoever wishes to read the text that you have hidden on Discord, will need to first click on that grey color box and only after that the text will be visible on the app.
How To Hide A Part Of Text On Discord?
If you wish to hide only a certain part of the text on Discord rather than the whole, then you will need to try a different method. Below are the steps that you can go for if you want to just hide a part of a text and not the whole text on Discord.
1. Launch the Discord app on your device and type the content that you want to and where you want to.
2. Now, highlight the group of words out of the whole text that you wish to hide alone.
3. A formatting bar will appear over the highlighted content on the screen. You will be an option that looks just like an eye. Click on it.
As you do this, you can post the content over there and the part of the text that you had selected would be hidden and other users will be able to view it only after they click on it first.
How To Hide Text In Discord On Phone?
If you are using Discord on your mobile phone and want to hide the text that you want to send on the platform, you can check the steps that have been mentioned underneath.
1. Launch the Discord app on your smartphone.
2. Type in the text that you wish to hide there.
3. Double tap on the symbol option so that you can insert a dual bar to the content that you have added.
4. Now you can post the content after you have hidden it as you wanted to.
The other users will be able to view that text on Discord only after they tap or click on it first.
What Is The Shortcut Method To Hide Text In Discord?
If you are looking for another shortcut keys method for hiding text in DIscord, you can follow the steps provided right here.
1. Launch the Discord app on your device.
2. Type the content there that you want to hide on Discord.
3. Now press “Shift+Black slash” altogether and vertical bars will be added to the content.
4. Now, with the help of these vertical bars, you can easily hide whichever text you want to hide over there and then simply post that content on the platform.
Now you know how to hide text in Discord. You can try this especially when you are about to post some spoilers of a book, a movie, or a series so that the users who do not wish to view it have a choice in their hands. Share with us in the comments section below if there are any problems you are facing while hiding text on Discord.