It might be useful to look up the coordinates of your location from Google Maps if you want to publish the exact place of residence.
- It is possible to find coordinates from Google Maps that pinpoint the exact location (the longitude and latitude) of any spot.
- It’s easy to locate coordinates in Google Maps using your mobile or laptop computer. You could copy or paste the coordinates to share the exact position with others.
It could be quite a while since you last attended a geography class however, latitude, longitude and the Global Positioning System (GPS) will likely play a significant part in your day-to-day life, especially if are a frequent Google Maps user.
Finding the GPS coordinates of a particular place with Google Maps can be simple, and could help if you’re seeking an extremely specific location, for example, the exact location of the park where your friends are, or a home in the mountains, on the largest piece of land.
Find the location coordinates in Google Maps, and take them to show your exact location with your phone or laptop.
How To Get GPS Coordinates On Google Maps In Mobile Application
1. Open the Google Maps application for either your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Enter the location, or select and hold to drop a pin on the map of the location you want the coordinates for.
3. Scroll down to locate the coordinates.
Drop a pin or type in for the location’s name and scroll to locate the coordinates.
4. Tap the coordinates to copy them to the clipboard of your phone.
Tap to copy the clipboard to the clipboard on your phone.
5. Paste the coordinates into the search bar located on the right side of your screen.
You can also send these coordinates to other people by copying them into an email or text message this can be beneficial when you wish to share a specific place with your family and people you know.
For more details about sharing your location with the iPhone Read our article ” How to share your location on an iPhone in 4 different ways.”
How To Get Locations on Google Maps on computer
1. Open your preferred browser.
2. Go to https://www.google.com/maps.
3. Type in the address you’d like the coordinates for.
4. Right click on the red balloon (the location pin) to open the menu.
5. Click “What’s Here?”
Right-click to open the menu of locations and then select “What’s Here?”
6. A new box will be displayed and the location’s coordinates will be displayed in blue print.
The coordinates will be displayed on the lower left.
7. Click on the coordinates.
8. A new destination box will be displayed to the left, with the coordinates you’ve chosen.
A new box with a destination will show up with the coordinates that you’ve selected.
9. Double tap on the coordinates, then hold Control C to copy the coordinates to your clipboard.