Is it possible to use Discord in Oculus Quest 2? Find out the answers.
The popularity of Oculus Quest 2 has shot up in recent times since many have gifted it to others during the holiday season.
Now, another platform is getting super popular, and that’s Discord, which brings us to the question – how to Get Discord on Oculus Quest 2? Here’s everything you need to know.
How to get Discord on Oculus Quest 2
Is it possible to download Discord and install it as a standalone app on OculusQuest 2? No. There are two ways to access and run Discord on OculusQuest 2. These are:
- Discord via Virtual Desktop
- SideQuest: Discord with your friends
Although there is currently no official Discord app on Oculus Store, we can’t rule out the possibility that it will soon be available. Only if Discord Inc and Facebook Technologies decide to collaborate will users be able to access the app on Oculus Quest 2. It seems unlikely, considering that Facebook has almost all of the Discord features, and Discord would not be able to replace them.
Also Read: How To Dox on Discord | Easy Ways
Discord via Virtual Desktop
You can use the Virtual Desktop to talk and use the microphone. Oculus.com has the Virtual Desktop app. The Virtual Desktop allows you to connect wirelessly with your computer. You can then search the internet and access Discord.com plus, you can play games and view movies!
These are just a few of the features.
- You can stream or download regular/180/360 videos directly from your computer by clicking on the Videos tab.
- It works with most laptops and PCs that run Windows 10 or macOS Mojave.
- A passthrough option for microphones is also available.
- A VR Ready computer with Windows 10 will be required for PCVR game streaming.
You can get all this here.
SideQuest: Discord with your friends
You can also download the Discord app and use SideQuest.
- Connect your headset to the computer and click the folder icon in the top right corner of the SideQuest screen.
- Now, select the APK file from your downloaded files.
- Let it install.
- Now, search Package to make sure Discord is appearing there.
- Switch to your headset > select Apps > Discord.
- Login with your account and then enable Discord to access your microphone.
- Turn on the overlay if you wish.
- This is how Discord on OculusQuest 2 can be used (but at your own risk).
This is all you need to know about Discord VR. We’ve got everything you need to learn how to use Discord VR to play Minecraft on Oculus Qest 2, charge your headset and controllers, and cast to Roku TV.
Also Read: How To Reverse Audio On Snapchat | Easy Ways
SideQuest allows you to install Discord on Oculus using SideQuest.
This involves downloading the Discord APK version directly off the internet and installing it onto your device. It is recommended that you not use this method at your own risk.
- Search on Google to first download Discord APK
- Click on the top of your screen to see “Download APK From Folder on Your Computer.”
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- Select your headset > under Apps locate Discord.
- Now, allow Discord to use the microphone.
- You’re good to go.
Discord via Virtual Desktop
Virtual Desktop is a key feature of Oculus. It allows you to access Discord.com, then uses Oculus Discord. It is easy to do. You can follow the steps below and be on your way.
Also Read: How To Hide Text In Discord | Easy Ways
Features of Virtual Desktop
- You can stream Youtube videos on HD+.
- You can also use your microphone.
- Supports Windows and Linux.
- You can also stream games.
Thank you for reading this article. I am glad I could help. Get daily updates about gaming and tech news by signing up for our newsletter.