The dark mode is a fantastic feature that all modern smartphones support in reducing the stress on your eyes and allowing you to be more productive while watching web-based content. However, a large number of applications don’t have a dark mode in all of their apps at the moment.
One of these apps is TikTok. While it does not offer the full support for dark mode across every operating system, it’s working towards it. If you are wondering how to Enable Dark Mode For TikTok, then the next few sections will provide the info you need.
How To Enable Dark Mode For TikTok
How to Turn On TikTok Dark Mode on Android
As of this writing, in December of 2021, TikTok still hasn’t launched the dark mode in its app on Android devices. If you search the Internet to find the feature, you will not get any information regarding the existence of this feature.
There is evidence that suggests some beta-testers were able to access dark mode functionality on their Androids. However, even if that’s the case, however, if you download the app via Google Play, you won’t see any options for dark modes. Absolutely not.
Given that TikTok recently introduced dark mode support in the most recent version of iOS, and hopefully, Android will also get dark mode support in the near future. It is evident that patience is the keyword in this case.
How to Turn On TikTok Dark Mode on an iPhone
In contrast to Android, TikTok did add dark mode support to iPhone as well as iPad devices. The app’s in-app switch to turn the dark mode on or off or do it through the system settings of your iPhone. For more information on how to accomplish all this, take a look at the steps in the following steps.
NOTE: Before proceeding, please ensure that you have upgraded the version of your iOS up to the latest version 13. After that, verify if you are running the latest version for TikTok also. It is available on the App Store.
- Launch the TikTok application on your iPhone.
- Next, tap Me. This is the tab at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the More button in the upper right corner. It’s the one that appears to be the three lines horizontally.
- In the section for Content and Activity In the Content and Activity section, tap Dark mode.
- Then you’ll have the option of using the Light as well as Dark mode. Tap Dark.
Once you click Dark, the interface of the app will immediately change to dark mode, and that’s it.
If you would like TikTok to be able to use the settings on the system that govern Light and dark modes, then tap Settings on your device instead of pressing Dark Mode in Step 5. This is located below the Light as well as Dark options. When you enable it, the interface of TikTok will switch between the two modes in accordance with the appearance of your phone.
Once you’ve set the TikTok app to work according to your system’s preferences, it’s time to turn on dark mode on your phone.
- Start your Settings application on your iPhone.
- Tap Display & Brightness.
- In the Appearance area near the bottom of the display, you’ll be able to see there are Light and Dark choices. Click the Dark option to turn it on.
When you’ve done this, your phone’s appearance will switch to dark modes. If this procedure is too cumbersome for you, there’s another way to switch between modes:
- Tap your finger on the upper right side of the display to launch the Control Center menu. Press and hold to activate the Brightness control to launch the menu that is specifically designed for it.
- You will find the appearance mode button located in the lower-left corner. Click it. If you’re in the light mode, it will change to Dark and the reverse.
Another option that is more user-friendly is the addition of a Dark Mode switch to the Control Center. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down until you reach then the Control Center option and tap it.
- Click the Green + icon right next to Dark Mode.
The next time you start Control Center, you will find Control Center’s Dark Mode switch there. Tap it to toggle among the different modes.
To fully benefit from the device settings feature within TikTok, ensure that you allow automatic switching between dark and light themes for your iPhone. To do this, instead of pressing Dark in the Appearance section, select Automatic right now. It’s right below those Light and Dark choices.
An automatic feature is available. The automatic feature gives two options:
- From Sunset From Sunset to Sunrise will automatically change between dark and light modes according to your current location as well as the time zone.
- You can also select the custom time when you want you to want to activate both modes by clicking Custom Schedule. By selecting this option, you’ll need to input the dates when you would like to turn on each mode. For instance, you could select the Light mode to start at 6:00 am while dark mode will be activated at 10:00 pm.
How to Turn On TikTok Dark Mode on a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC
At present, there is only one app available for iOS. The iOS TikTok app has the advantage of an integrated dark mode. Unfortunately, the situation for laptop and desktop computers is more like the Android situation. Since there’s no dedicated TikTok application for computers, There’s no way to manage its appearance as for iOS. Perhaps there is?
There is an app from third parties that can assist you in this. The process of accessing TikTok on a computer comes down to open it within the browser. That’s the point where the Turn Off the Lights extension comes in. Turn Off the Lights extension is able to solve the issue of dark mode for users.
The great thing about this application is it can work with all Internet browsers that are available in modern computer systems. It is compatible using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Apple’s Safari, Opera, Brave, and many more.
For installation of the Turn Off the Lights extension, install it. Turn Off the Lights extension. To turn off the lights, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Turn Off the Lights” download center using your preferred browser.
- Scroll to the end of the page for your download link for every browser with that this extension is compatible.
- Select the option that is appropriate for your browser.
- Based on the browser you use, the link will take you to the dedicated download page or begin downloading the installer file. In addition, depending on the security settings of your browser, it may be necessary to approve the download of the downloaded file.
Once you have installed this extension on your computer, the program will show in the extensions menu of your browser. The icon resembles an elongated lightbulb. But before you are able to use it, you’ll need to configure it.
- Just right-click the Turn Off the Lights extension icon in your browser.
- Click Options.
- The extension’s options page will be open in a separate tab of your browser.
- Select Night Mode from the menu on the left.
- Within the Night Mode section, tick the checkbox next to the Show the night switch … choice.
When you next open the page of your browser, you’ll be able to see that Night Mode switch appearing in the lower left right corner. Just click it to toggle between Night mode and Day one. This is compatible with TikTok as well.
Apart from the switch option, in addition, there are plenty of other options to utilize within Night Mode. Night Mode menu.
- The color options for background Color of Text, Background color, and Hyperlink color permits you to further alter the look and feel of your website by turning evening mode off.
- It is also possible to use this extension’s lamp symbol to serve as an option to switch on dark mode.
- If you are annoyed by the switch, If you find it annoying, you can have it disappear after a specific duration of time that you decide.
- If you don’t wish to utilize night mode for certain websites, you can include them on the blacklist. In contrast, you can utilize the whitelist feature to identify only those websites that must make use of night mode.
- Additionally, there is an option to choose the period of time you wish to display the switch. For instance, you probably will not require to turn on the switch for night use during the daytime. Naturally, the switch could be useful if it was on at night.
- You can turn your night-mode switch transparent, which will reduce its effect on the content you’re watching or reading.
- It is possible that you do not want to have the switch button. If this is the case, make a shortcut that switches the night mode off after an extended press of the mouse on the webpage.
- Additionally, you can alter the direction on your Night Mode switch. There are four choices to pick from: the top left, the top left, the lower right and the bottom left. If none of these options work well for you, you could also select a customized location to switch.
Here are more details about TikTok as well as Dark Mode.
When will Dark Mode come to Android?
We do not have a solution to this question at the moment. Like other popular apps that have a dark mode, it’s true that the Dark Mode feature can sometimes take a long time to be an integral part of the application’s interface. The best way to make sure is to check your TikTok application’s Settings regularly to determine whether the feature is available.
It is important to ensure that your app is up-to-date well. Once the feature has been released to Android users and will be accompanied by the latest update, a version that is not up-to-date does not come with the new features.
Does Dark Mode change the way my videos appear?
No. Switching your settings to dark mode won’t change the appearance or appearance of TikTok images or For You page. Dark Mode only affects the appearance of your profile as well as settings.
Going Dark using TikTok
I hope this article will help you understand how to turn on the dark mode feature on TikTok. Apart from Android phones, there’s a solution for every other system that you may utilize. In this mode, you’ll be able to comfortably enjoy all the fascinating content without straining your eyes in the darkness.
Are you able to activate dark mode in TikTok? Are you using TikTok more often during the day or during the evening? Do you have any tips to share? The comment section is below.