Apps are a crucial part of a Smart TV. This article will show you’ll discover how to Download Apps on Vizio Smart TV.
Smart TVs let us widescreen television in the comfort of your home. With hundreds of apps, users can stream Netflix, Disney+, YouTube and many more all from one location.
Many smart TVs allow users to download or install apps onto their TV, but some do not. Vizio Smart TVs were famous for their ability to let users install their favourite apps.
However, in 2016, after Vizio introduced its SmartCast platform, users had no idea how to Download Apps on Vizio Smart TVs.
Do I have the ability to download apps on Vizio Smart TV?
The casting or downloading of apps for Vizio’s Smart TV can differ depending on the model of Vizio OS you have.
Tutorial on how to download apps to your Vizio Smart TV
- For 2015 and earlier: VIZIO Smart TVs make use of VIA as well as VIA+
- Between 2016 to 2017. Smart TVs from VIZIO included SmartCast OS or VIA+
- from 2018: VIZIO smart TVs only depend upon the SmartCast platform
In March of 2016, VIZIO released its new OS known as SmartCast. The new system was created to allow control over the content displayed on the Smart TV via the user’s tablet or Smartphone.
A year later, in the year 2017, The SmartCast OS was relaunched, and it was able to control applications that could be directly accessed via the television. The featured apps were Netflix along with Amazon Prime Video.
VIZIO launched its first LED Quantum Dot 4K television in 2018 and later added the addition of features like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa support system. Apple AirPlay 2 and Apple HomeKit were also added to the latest features list.
What are VIZIO VIA, VIA+ and SmartCast?
VIA stands for VIZIO Internet Apps. As we mentioned previously, the TVs were made available before 2015. by Vizio were powered by VIA as well as VIA+ systems. Users can control the apps, regardless of whether they’d like to install a brand new app, update an existing app, or remove it.
The users could stream their preferred films, TV shows, and music directly from applications like Netflix and Hulu using your Vizio smart TV. At the time, casting via mobile phones, Amazon Prime Video, Google assistant, and Alexa was not part of the system on Vizio TVs.
With the release of 4K UHD TVs, the new SmartCast operating system arrived, preventing users from downloading/installing 3rd party apps; however, it increases system security and new-gen features such as smart casting and app management from mobile devices, AI assistant, etc.
How can I download apps for my VIZIO Smart TV Using VIA?
If you’re VIZIO smart TV made available before 2017, you can download and install apps for your TV via VIA. Follow these steps:
- Click your button V button on the remote.
- Choose the Connected TV Store on the left menu.
- Then, select All Applications.
- Then, browse through the apps list and select the one you wish to install. Press “OK”.
- Then, choose then the Installation App option.
How do I download apps on VIZIO Smart TVs Using VIA Plus?
If you’re VIZIO smart TV runs with VIA Plus OS, you can also add apps to your smart TV. Follow these instructions:
- Double hold the V button on the Vizio remote.
- You can find the list of installed applications listed on the My Apps tab. My Apps tab.
- After that, navigate through the featured, Latest, All Apps or categories tabs to find the app you want to download.
- Then, hold and press the Ok button for a while until you see your app’s name appearing on the My Apps list.
How do I install apps for Vizio SmartCast TV?
VIZIO SmartCast TVs have already installed apps that allow you to stream your most-loved shows, movies, music, and more. On their official site, you’ll be able to view ten distinct categories of apps accessible from SmartCast televisions.
If you’d like to add your applications that aren’t included on this list, you’ll need to cast them directly using your phone. Even though the apps aren’t available for Vizio SmartCast TV, this is an excellent move by Vizio and allows you to cast virtually everything you use with your Smartphone to your TV.
To cast directly from your Smartphone to Vizio TV to cast Smartphone to Vizio TV.
- First, begin by opening Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your phone. (download the application if you do not have it installed on your device, or it’s just a matter of ignoring this step.)
- Then, you need to open the app you wish to cast from.
- You can open a program like a movie or show you wish to stream.
- Click on the cast iron to begin casting Vizio TV.
Your mobile’s content will begin streaming on the VIZIO SmartCast TV when you choose”Cast”.
Be aware that the casting will cease when the program finishes on your mobile. If you utilize your VIZIO television remote for smart devices to do another casting operation, the screencasting will cease.
How to Screencast using the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile
With the VIZIO SmartCast TV, You also can Screencast with the SmartCast Mobile application developed by Vizio. It is available on Android as well as iOS.
The app lets users manage their own set of apps that they want to stream to their personal VIZIO Smart TV. Through the app, it is also possible to control the TV as if it were remote, switch it off/on, play/pause content, change advanced settings, etc.
Through VIZIO WatchFree+, you can broaden your entertainment options with the ability to explore hundreds of the most popular channels at no cost. It doesn’t require an additional device or additional subscriptions and logs into the service to gain access to content on WatchFree+.
Vizio is among the most stylish manufacturers of large screens. The chances of someone having the VIZIO smart TV remain extremely high. This, along with recent changes from Vizio and download SmartCast Mobile, the SmartCast Mobile app or default screencasting, indicates that users can manage all their streaming libraries in your Vizio TV in one place.