It is more difficult to delete a suspended Twitter account than to delete an active one. What can you do to delete it if you cannot access the Delete your account?
This guide will show you how to Delete a Suspended Account on Twitter. This guide will help you resolve any issues with any platform.
Possible causes of account suspension
Twitter employs automated systems to detect violations of its rules and any other issues that could pose a problem for its users. Twitter might not go into detail, but it is the most common reason for Twitter account suspension.
- Spammy accounts or fake accounts – sometimes, a profile of a real person may be flagged for spamming
- Compromised account – This refers to a situation where an account is at risk of being accessed by someone else without authorization
- Abusive content – When an account violates Twitter rules and engages in abusive behaviour (e.g., posting threatening tweets).
What happens if your Twitter account is suspended?
Depending on the type and severity of your account suspension, you may not be allowed to do certain things. Temporary suspensions may result in you being restricted from certain activities like tweeting or unable to log into your account until the problem is resolved by following a particular procedure.
Your Twitter account will be permanently suspended. This means you won’t have access to it, but other Twitter users can view it.
Fast! Get your accounts unbanned and unsuspended Get Started
“The Uber of legal service”
How to Delete a Suspended Account on Twitter
A suspended Twitter account cannot be deleted. You have two options to delete a suspended Twitter account, according to Twitter’s strict policies:
- Send an email to Twitter’s customer service.
- Delete the account by suspending it
Send a request to Twitter.
Twitter allows you to request the deactivation or closure of your suspended account. Follow these steps to access this option:
- Visit Twitter’s Help Center
- Select I would like to deactivate my account or close it.
- Fill out the account access form and click Submit.
Twitter will send you an email with additional information regarding your request. You should expect a response within a few business days.
If you have any concerns about the use of your data, you can also address your request to Twitter’s Contact Us section.
You can unsuspend your Twitter account to delete it.
The type of suspension that you have placed on your Twitter account will determine how you can unsubscribe. To delete your account, follow these steps once it is back online.
- Open your Twitter app
- Navigate to Privacy
- Locate the Account tab
- Click on to deactivate your account
- Check out the account deactivation details
- Click To deactivate
- Type your password
- Click on the Deactivate Account button
Is that enough to make your profile disappear? No. If you decide to change your mind, you still have 30 days. Deactivating a Twitter account is the first step. An account that has been deactivated is hidden from public view. After 30 days, it will be permanently deleted.
You must change your username and email address if you want to sign up for another account in the future.
What happens if you delete your Twitter account?
What you need to know about your deleted Twitter data
- Because search engines index information from third parties, your information might still be found in search engine results.
- Your profile will not be visible, but other accounts may mention your username in their tweets.
- Your account will be activated if you log in within the 30-day deactivation period.
- Twitter could retain some information from your deactivated Twitter account.
DoNotPay allows you to recover suspended or banned accounts.
Sometimes, you might want to retrieve your suspended or blocked accounts from different platforms than delete them completely. DoNotPay can help explain why your Twitter account is locked by providing detailed guidance and an appeal to your place.