Did you find a better online transaction app than Zelle and now want to deactivate Zelle? If you want to know how to deactivate Zelle then you have visited the right page.
Zelle is one of the popular and widely used peer-to-peer services for transferring money. As users get the services right on their smartphones, they love to use Zelle.
However, sometimes Zelle users also have to face some issues within the application, for instance, some glitches or delayed payments, or the inability to make commercial and business transactions. When you no longer feel the need to use Zelle, you would like to deactivate your Zelle account.
If you are unable to find out how to deactivate Zelle, then no problem, these are the times for which we wait so we can be of some use to you. In this article, you will find different ways to deactivate your Zelle account.
Also Read: Does Zelle Work With Chime 2022
How To Deactivate Zelle?
If you wish to deactivate Zelle, you will simply need to delete your Zelle account. The process of deleting your Zelle account depends upon which device you are using, Android or iOS.
How To Delete Zelle Account?
Whichever device you have created and are operating your Zelle account from, you can delete your Zelle account through a series of simple steps. Let us find out how you can delete your Zelle account or deactivate your Zelle account.
How To Delete Zelle Account On Android Devices?
Here are the brief steps that you will need to follow if you want to cancel your Zelle account on your Android device.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Android with which your Zelle service has been associated.
- At the top right corner of the screen, tap on your profile icon that will open up a menu.
- On the menu that will appear on the screen, tap on “Payments and Subscriptions”.
- Now select “Subscriptions”.
- A list of all your active subscriptions will appear. Look for your Zelle subscription and tap on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Follow up as directed and your Zelle subscription will be removed from Google Play Store.
How To Delete Zelle Account On iPhone Or iPad?
If you own an iPhone or an iPad then the procedure to cancel your Zelle account on the device will be somewhat different from that of the Android device. But don’t worry, here are the steps for that.
- On your iOS device, open the “Settings”.
- Tap on your name at the top.
- Now, tap on the “Subscriptions” menu.
- You will see your Apple ID here, tap on it.
- Now you will see all your active subscriptions linked to your Apple ID.
- Scroll through the list and reach out to your Zelle subscription.
- Tap on “Zelle”.
- Here, tap on the “Cancel” button to cancel Zelle on your iPhone or iPad.
If you follow all the steps properly, the Cancel Subscription button will disappear from there, which makes clear that your Zelle has been canceled on your device.
How To Delete Zelle Account On Mac Computer?
If you are using Mac to operate your Zelle account and want to cancel the same on Mac only, then you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- On your Mac, launch the Mac App Store.
- Sign in to your account to view all the account information there.
- Scroll through the list and tap on “Subscriptions”.
- Now click on “Manage”.
- Here search for your Zelle subscription and below it you will see the “Edit” button, click on it.
- Now click on “Cancel Subscription”. Your subscription to Zelle on your Mac will be canceled.
How To Delete Zelle Account On Zelle Website?
You can also cancel your Zelle subscription directly through the official website of Zelle. In this case, you do not need to do anything but simply contact the Zelle customer service and chat with the representative assigned by Zelle.
Discuss with them that you want to cancel Zelle and request them to do so. They will proceed with your request and cancel your Zelle subscription.
How To Remove Zelle From Bank Account?
If you want to remove Zelle from the bank of America, you can do so by going through the following steps.
- On your device, open the official website of Bank Of America.
- Click on “Help” at the top right corner of the website’s home page.
- On the right side of the page will be the “We’re here to help” menu, where you will find the “Ways to contact us” option. Click on it.
- Now, click on the “Mobile Banking” option.
- You will see the “Call us” section there, right below which will be the Mobile banking support phone number. Make a call on that number and ask them to remove Zelle from your bank account.
Now you know all the methods by which you can deactivate Zelle on any of your devices. So, if you are no longer using your Zelle account, you can now deactivate it any time you wish to. For any other queries you have related to Zelle and its functions, you may ask in the comments section.
How To Delete Zelle Activity?
You cannot directly delete Zelle’s activity on your account. However, if you want to delete a Zelle recipient, you can do so in the “Manage Recipients” section and tap on “Delete Recipient” after selecting the name of the recipient you wish to delete on Zelle.
How To Stop Zelle Payment?
To stop Zelle payment, open the Zelle app on your device, and tap on the “Zelle Experience” button. Now go to your Activity section and search for the payment you want to stop. Tap on the “Cancel this payment” option from there.
How To Delete Zelle Recipient?
To delete a Zelle recipient, go to the Send Money option on Zelle and tap on the “Manage recipients” button. Here you can make changes to the information related to your Zelle recipients. You can delete a Zelle recipient from there as well as add a new recipient.