Each device has a place to temporarily store data. This is called a cache.
Data storage’s main purpose is to speed up your device when opening and loading a recurrent application or website.
Your device’s data consumption is also reduced by the cache.
The cache may sometimes slow down your device so you might want to delete it.
Instagram saves all searches you make in the Search and Explore section. This helps you to find your favorite accounts and hashtags faster.
Also Read: CAN YOU UNSEE A SNAPCHAT STORY?
How to Clear Your Instagram Cache
It is easy to clear your Instagram cache on both Android and iOS devices. Follow these steps.
- Tap “Settings” on your Instagram profile
- Tap Security
- Tap to ‘Clear Search History’ (for iPhone) and ‘Search History’ (for Android).
- Tap ‘Clear All’.
- That’s it!
These are the steps to help you clear Instagram’s cache from your computer and your mobile device.
- Visit www.instagram.com
- Click on ‘Privacy and Security.
- Click ‘View Account Data’
- Click “View All” under “Search History”.
- Select ‘Yes, we’re sure’ from the menu.
Also Read: How to add music to your Facebook profile
Removing an Instagram cache does not guarantee it will work better.
Don’t forget to mention that the app may be slower next time you use it, as it has ‘forgotten’ all of the data it needs.