Since the introduction of the Walkman headphones, they have become an essential element to our daily lives. With the growing popularity of #squatgoals and #fitspo, many of us live an active lifestyle while listening to our playlists on Spotify.
We’re willing to pay some cash to get quality headsets, Bose, Audio Technica or Sennheiser, or say it all, Beats. It can be painful to realize that the audio quality decreases within one or two years, or the sound doesn’t seem as clear.
Even the most insensitive ears will detect this quality distinction, particularly if we must crank up the volume knob for a better listening experience.
As part of the buy and throw away generation, you might find yourself attracted to complain that things aren’t built to last and then purchase another pair. What if there’s an easy solution for How to clean headphone pads? Most times, the reason is that those headphones have become … filthy.
THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER HEADPHONE CARE
There are many advantages to taking good treatment of the headphones you use. If you think it’s an unnecessary waste of time for you now, take a look at some of the advantages below:
- Spend less money by taking good care of your headphones will ensure they stay in good shape for longer. This means that you won’t need to replace them every so often.
- Comfortable – the better you care for your headphones longer they’ll remain in good quality condition, which means you’ll enjoy the same degree of comfort from start to the end.
- Hygienic and more sanitary – whether full size or over the ear or earbuds, your headphones will collect sweat, dirt, bacteria, and dust in time. A proper cleaning schedule will help keep the amount of dirt to a minimum and keep your headphones from turning smelly, smoky and filthy.
There are many great advantages to caring for your headphones. The greatest benefit is that it’s super simple to complete. There isn’t any heavy-duty task required at any point in the procedure. Therefore, you can extend the lifespan of your headphones using only a little effort!
How to Clean Headphone Pads
First, make sure you have a clean, soft cloth. Next, take your headphones and gently wipe each side with the fabric. Do not press too hard, or you may cause damage to your headphones!
When cleaning ear pads, be very careful as they are very sensitive to water. If you spill water on them, wipe them dry immediately and let them air dry for a few minutes before putting them back in your headphones.
Use a mild, unscented soap and a damp cloth to clean the headphones themselves. Make sure you clean both sides of the headphones. Let them dry completely before putting them back in your headphones.
How to clean your headphones with a toothbrush
If you want to use a toothbrush, here’s how. First, make sure you have a clean, soft cloth. Next, take your headphones and gently wipe each side with the cloth. Do not press too hard or you may cause damage to your headphones!
When cleaning ear pads, be very careful as they are very sensitive to water. If you do spill water on them, wipe them dry immediately and let them air dry for a few minutes before putting them back in your headphones.
To clean the headphones themselves:
- Use a mild soap and warm water.
- Make sure you clean both sides of the headphones.
- Let them dry completely before putting them back in your headphones.
How to clean earbuds
To clean earbuds: first, make sure that the cord is unplugged from the device and completely stripped of any packaging materials (paper). Using alcohol (rubbing alcohol works best), dab the earbuds with a cotton swab.
Next, please remove all ear tips from the earbud and clean them individually with a cotton swab. After that, put them back in their packages, then place each package back in its respective plastic bag.
For the actual earbuds, use a cotton swab to clean both sides of each bud. Make sure not to touch the magnetic part of any bud as it is very sensitive to water—clean both sides of all three elements: cord, bud and outside case. When you’re done cleaning them all together, you can put them back in their original packaging and store them away for later use.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR HEADPHONES
Here are a few important tips for caring for large or over-ear headphones:
- Instant wipe downs – Immediately after taking them off and clean them using a dry clean cloth. It is possible to take the hem of the shirt. However, it’s more beneficial to keep a soft microfiber cloth inside the case of your headphones so that you have a comfortable cloth to clean it off with. Cleaning them with a dry, dry cloth immediately after use can help get rid of sweat or dirt that has accumulated before they begin to be absorbed into the cushions.
- Cleaning your headphones every week – If you do not wear headphones frequently, You don’t need to clean them every week. As an estimate, perform this every seven or so hours of use. All you need to do is soak the soft washcloth with soapy water. Just get it damp, don’t soak it. Clean your headphones’ pads. Do not scrub or press them hard lightly, but gently rub the pads a few times. Allow them to dry completely before taking them out for use or storage.
- The condition may occur – This is only applicable to earphones that have a protein leather coating. You’ll require a specific leather conditioner. However, don’t fret about it. can only use it a maximum of two times per year, so the conditioner will last an extended time. You need to apply a small amount of leather conditioner onto a soft cloth and then clean the headphone’s pads. Massage it in the fabric. Make use of very small amounts of conditioner. Allow it to absorb and dry completely prior to using or placing it in storage. If you repeat this process more than two times every year, you could be getting trapped in moisture , causing the cushions to mold.
- Replace the headphone pads often If you are able to maintain proper cleaning and storage, you’ll have to confront the facts and accept that your headphones have reached their peak. It is inexpensive and a breeze to complete. A new pair of headphones will make your headphones feel brand new without spending hundreds of dollars to experience that new quality sensation!
These tips can to keep your full size or over-the-ear headphones in good condition for a long time!