Facebook is the biggest social media site that exists online today. It is home to over 2.934 million people who communicate and post their experiences. Most users comment on others’ statuses, pictures and posts shared. This is why users may wish to limit the people who comment on their posts or make other adjustments to their comments settings.
Log into the Facebook profile you have created. Click the “Profile Picture,” visible in the upper right corner of the display. Choose “Settings & Privacy” and then click “Settings.” Tap on the “Privacy” button. Select “Public Posts.” Under Public Post Comments, click on “Public” to change settings.
Because Facebook is a popular choice for a huge population, it has designed its interface to be simple and user-friendly. Additionally, useful icons graphically show each step you have to perform to arrive within the app.
In this article, we’ll explain how to change the settings for comments on Facebook.
Modifying Your Facebookon Comment Settings Facebookon Computer
If you use Facebook mostly via its desktop application, you can alter the settings for comments from there by two methods.
Method 1: Change Who is able to comment on your Public Posts
You might want to permit only a few people to comment on your public posts on Facebook. If that is the situation, you could do this by following these easy and simple steps.
- Tap your profile photo at the top left corner of your feed on Facebook.
- Choose “Settings & Privacy.”
- Go to “Settings.”
- Go to “Public Posts” on the left menu.
- Click on “Who Can Follow Me” on the right-hand side. Choose the option of “Friends” or “Public.”
- Then to Public Post Comments, click on the next button. Public Post Comments Choose who can be allowed to make comments on your public postings: Public, Friends, or Friends of Friends.
Method 2: Modify who can comment on an individual Public Post on Your Facebook Profile
If you don’t wish to alter the comment settings of all your posts on Facebook, You can modify who is allowed to leave comments for your posts. This only changes the number of people who can comment on that post. All you need to do is follow this easy procedure’s steps.
- Sign into the Facebook page you have created.
- Simply click on the profile photo in the left-hand corner of the feed on Facebook.
- Scroll down to the public Page you’d like to change your privacy settings for.
- Tap the button that says”***” icon at the top right-hand corner of the blog post.
- Click “Edit Audience.”
- You can choose who can comment on your blog post: Public, Friends and Friends, Friends except, Special Friends, Only me, or a custom.
Modifying Your Facebook App’s Comment Settings Facebook App
If you typically use Facebook through your mobile application, you can change the settings of your comments from there.
Method #1: Modify Who can comment on your Public Posts
You can alter the settings for commenting on all your posts on your mobile phone. All you need to do is follow the instructions in the following steps.
- Sign in for your Facebook account.
- Click on the 3 lines icon in your screen’s upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Settings and privacy.”
- An options menu dropdown will open. Select “Settings.”
- Locate your way to the ” Audience and visibility” section.
- Choose ” Followers and public content.”
- Under the Public Post Comments option, There are three options: Public, Friends of Friends and Friends. Choose the one you prefer.
Method 2: Change who can comment on an individual Public Post on Your Facebook Profile
Using the application, you can also change your settings for commenting on individual public posts. All you need to do is follow the instructions in the following steps.
- Connect with your account on Facebook.
- Click on your “Profile Picture” at the top left-hand corner.
- Scroll down until you reach the public profile in your account.
- Tap the “***” icon in the upper right corner of the Page.
- Select “Edit Privacy.”
- Select one of the following options: Public Friends, Friends only, Specific friends, or only me.
While Facebook is an amazing platform for interaction with friends from all over the world, it can also be an issue of privacy when you allow everyone to leave comments about your content. You could be exposed to negative comments and also untrustworthy individuals.
To accomplish this, There are a variety of ways to alter the settings for comments on your posts that are public on Facebook using Facebook from your desktop or your mobile phone. It makes it a lot easier for you to protect your privacy.