We’ll be honest; we don’t love all Instagram followers. Some ridicule us or share negative thoughts, and we want to eliminate them. Right? This is why we are thinking about how we can hide Instagram posts from specific followers.
Instagram hasn’t yet developed a feature that could completely hide your posts, but there are a few ways you will limit your reach.
The knowledge gained from these methods can be beneficial to people who are worried about their privacy but are hesitant to share their personal information with the general public.
Are you curious about these secret but useful methods for hiding your Instagram posts? Read on!
Also Read: What is Grey Box Mean on Snapchat?
3 Strategies to hide Instagram posts from certain followers
It’s been quite a long time since Instagrammers have been looking for ways to conceal certain posts and stories for their users.
It could have occurred to anyone, particularly when you’re a famous influencer. You agree to the following demands since you require followers to boost your profile. These people you follow make you think about it ten times before you post any kind of content. The users could be trolls, bullies, or spammers.
Let’s chat about the three methods to aid you in getting the job completed!
Also Read: What is the Cost of 1000 Coins On TikTok?
Method 1: Switch to a private account
If the Instagram account is not public, You can change it to your Instagram private account and block followers who are not yours. This way, you’ll be able to hide your Instagram account’s posts and your stories from the targeted followers.
Here’s how to switch to a private account:
- Click on your profile photo.
- Select the line icon on the upper right, and then select “Settings.”
- There is a tab called “Privacy” in “Settings”; click on it.
- Choose the option “Private Account,” and your account will not be visible to anyone else.
This will provide you with additional privacy and will only allow a limited number of people to view your videos and photos.
Also Read: What does “AS” Mean on TikTok?
Method #2 Block the user or follower
Are you looking to conceal all of your Instagram posts from specific users without making your account secret? This method is perfectly ideal for you!
Block these users in person, so they won’t be notified that you’ve blocked them. Additionally, they won’t be able to share or comment on new posts. Isn’t that fantastic?
To block someone on Instagram:
- Visit Instagram’s “Explore” tab.
- Enter the name of the individual’s account in the search box to whom you would like to block.
- In the right-hand corner of the profile, there is the option to “Block,” choose it.
- This user isn’t in a position to contact you via this account or any other account they create afterward.
The people aren’t informed that you’ve blocked them. Comments and likes that they make on your pictures and videos are also removed when you stop them.
If you alter your decision later, the blocking process can be reversed. To remove someone from your block, you just need to open your block list and scroll down until you find the profile of the person, then hit “Unblock.”
Be aware that if you stop individuals from commenting, this won’t erase their previous comments on your blog posts.
Also Read: What Does “IFK” Mean on Snapchat?
Method #3: Hide Instagram Stories
Here’s the benefit: even if you don’t want to post, at least you can keep your Instagram Stories from specific followers. Should you not wish for particular people to see your Story, you can block the Story completely from those followers. Additionally, you can decide who can see what you post in your Stories in the future.
To hide your Story from anyone:
- Select the line icon at the top-right corner section of the page that you are on, and choose “Settings.”
- Click on the “Privacy” option in the settings and select “Story.”
- Select”Hide Story From” and then click on the “Hide Story From” option.
- Choose the people you’d prefer to keep your Story from, and then click “Done.”
Remember that not to hide the Story of your Instagram story is different from blocking them because it doesn’t prevent the blocked user from viewing your profile and your posts.
The other thing to consider is that the privacy settings of your Instagram privacy settings determine the place your Story is displayed.
How do you disable the unwelcome posts of certain Followers?
Anyone is entitled to share anything they like on social media. Therefore certain posts might annoy you. It is possible to use the mute feature on Instagram to block those posts that you do not wish to be able to view shortly.
Muting someone is a good option when you wish to continue following the same person on Instagram and don’t want to see their content and videos show up in your feed.
Here’s how you can turn off people on Instagram and get your feed to be enjoyable once more:
- Log into the account you have created on your Instagram account, then start the profile you’d like to turn off.
- Under their profile, choose their profile and click the “Following” option. It is located on the upper right of the profile (under their username and over any blog posts).
- An option that reads “Mute” will be displayed; click on it.
- You’ll be able to turn off their stories and posts. Select to activate the “toggle slider” option. That’s all!
But you can also disable the user anytime by going through the steps above and pressing the switch again.
In terms of limiting the reach of Instagram posts, you do not have an alternative to block the posts from specific users. We hope that shortly, Instagram will launch this feature.
This guide on hiding Instagram posts from certain followers has been helpful to you. You’ll be able to use this guide to clean your Instagram feed of certain posts and users. Post anything whenever you’d like!