Do you want to cash your check on Paypal but have a few questions about the process, including the doubt that “How long does it take to cash a check on Paypal”? We have answers to all your questions.
Paypal is one of the widely used platforms for online transactions. Using Paypal, you can make an online deposit to your account. This is where the “Cash a check” feature of Paypal comes into play. This feature allows you to deposit money into your Paypal account.
It takes around 10 days to cash a check on Paypal if you go for it without paying the fee, otherwise, you can get your check cashed on Paypal within just a few seconds or minutes.
If you want to know in detail about how long it takes to cash a check on Paypal or “How do I cash a check on Paypal”, we are here to attend to all your queries. Just keep reading and you will get all the answers.
Also Read: Easy Steps to Cancel Babbel Subscription
Can You Cash A Check On Paypal?
Yes, you definitely can cash your check on Paypal, as this is one of the important features that Paypal provides, that lets you deposit an amount directly to your Paypal account.
However, there are certain types of checks that Paypal accepts and doesn’t accept. So, make sure you are using the compatible check to cash on Paypal.
How Long Does It Take To Cash A Check On Paypal?
As for the duration, Paypal will take to cash your check, it depends on whether you have paid the fee or not. If you get your check approved on Paypal and pay the fee, then it will just take a few minutes to get the amount from the check credited to your Paypal account.
On the other side, if you do not pay the fee, then the money will be credited to your Paypal account within 10 days of the approval of the check.
So, it completely depends upon whether you need to cash the check on Paypal instantly or if there is no such emergency. Based on your urgency, you can choose if you want to pay the fee or not.
How To Cash A Check On Paypal’s Mobile App 2022?
Well, how do I cash a check on Paypal? If you want to cash a check through Paypal’s app on your mobile, then you will need to follow a few steps that have been provided underneath.
But before that, make sure that you have a Paypal Cash Plus account. If you do not have one already, then create one on your desktop or laptop. Once you have your Paypal Cash Plus account, you may follow these steps:
- Install the Paypal application to your mobile device.
- Launch the Paypal app on your device and sign in to your Paypal account by entering the login credentials.
- At the bottom of the home screen, tap on the More button.
- Select the “Cash Checks” option on the next screen that will appear.
- Take a picture of each side of your check. Make sure that the picture is clear enough that all the necessary information is visible through it. All of the checks must be contained inside the frame.
- If the image is not acceptable, the message will prompt you to ask you to retake the picture. If so, you will need to capture the images again.
- After adding clear pictures of the check, confirm the amount of the check.
- Now, wait for the approval of the check from Paypal. This may take a few seconds or in some cases, three to five minutes. Sometimes, it also takes Paypal an hour to verify the information provided on the check.
- Just as you receive the approval, write VOID on your check to make sure nobody else uses it.
What Type Of Checks Can You Cash Using Paypal?
Here is a list of the checks that Paypal accepts. These are the checks that you can cash on Paypal.
- Payroll checks
Both handwritten payroll checks, as well as printed checks with a pre-printed signature, are acceptable on Paypal.
- Personal Checks
If you want to cash personal checks, which also include two-party personal checks, then it is accepted by Paypal.
- Government checks
If a check is issued by a government agency, which can be a check from a tax return or any other payment, you can cash that check on Paypal.
- Insurance checks
If there is a payment from an insurance company or an insurance settlement, then you can cash it on Paypal.
- Cashier’s checks and money orders
If there is a cashier’s check or money order, you can draw the money to your Paypal account directly from the issuing bank, without any involvement of the individual account.
What Type Of Checks Are Not Accepted On Paypal?
There are certainly a few kinds of checks that are not accepted on Paypal. Here is a list of checks that you cannot cash on Paypal.
- Credit card checks.
- Conditional endorsement checks.
- Gift certificates.
- Traveler’s checks.
- Checks that draw from the banks outside the US and its territories.
What Is The Check Deposit Fees On Paypal?
If you are not in a hurry about how long to cash your check with Paypal, then you do not need to pay any fee for it. You will just need a maximum of 10 days to get your money on Paypal without any extra charges.
If you want to immediately cash your check on Paypal, you will need to pay a fee. The fee to cash a check on Paypal varies as per the type of check you want to cash.
In the case of government or payroll checks with a pre-printed signature, you will need to pay 1% of the total amount in the check as a fee.
For all the other checks, you have to pay 5% of the total amount as a fee and then you can cash your check on Paypal in a few seconds or minutes.
Why Can’t I Cash A Check On Paypal?
Are you unable to cash a check on Paypal? Well, there might be a few reasons possible behind this that you can recheck if you can’t cash your check on Paypal.
- See if the name on the check matches the name mentioned on your Paypal Balance account. If not, you won’t be able to cash the check.
- There are chances that the check has not been endorsed.
- The check cashing limit is more than 5$ and less than $ 5000. If the amount of the check doesn’t fall between these values, then you can’t cash your check.
- The images of the check that you clicked might not be clear, you need to re-click them.
- If the check is a single-party check, a credit card check, a temporary check, or any other check type that Paypal doesn’t support, you can’t cash the check on Paypal then.
- If sufficient information is not verified on the check writer’s account, then you will not be able to cash the check on Paypal.
These are the major possibilities that you can go through and rectify if your “Cash a check” on Paypal is not working.
Now you know how long it takes to cash a check on Paypal, and other important information if you want to cash your check through Paypal. Share this with your friends who use Paypal, and for any queries, do tell us in the comments section below.