Twitter is one of the most used social media platforms. It’s popular for public discussion about important topics such as political, cultural and social issues.
Twitter users can tag someone in tweets to amplify their message and inform others that they want to be involved in the conversation.
Twitter tags don’t just apply to tweets. You can tag people in photos you upload to the platform. If you’re uploading an image and want to tag your friends, or if you tweet something that you want to ask or address them in the tweet, this is one example.
We will show you how to Tag Someone in Tweet and upload a photo to its website, Android or iOS apps.
Tag Someone In Twitter for Android or iOS
Follow these steps to tag someone in your tweet using the Twitter app.
- Tap on the Tweet Compose (with the plus sign at the bottom-right).
- Enter your tweet, then give it space. Next, type @ followed closely by the username. Next, select the profile of the user from the list.
- The next screen will show the tagged user’s profile as a blue link.
Now you can publish your tweet by clicking on the Twitter button at the top right corner of the screen. If you haven’t muted or blocked them, the notification will be sent to the person you’ve tagged.
Tag someone in Twitter Photo Using Android or iOS
Follow the steps below to tag someone in a photo you have added to your Twitter.
- Tap on the compose tweet (feather with a plus sign) located just above the message icon in the toolbar, at the bottom right.
- Next, upload the image you wish to tweet. Tap on the Who’s In This Photo? Then, upload the image and tap on the Who’s in this photo? Option at the bottom-left.
- You’ll see a list of people you have engaged with recently. Tap on the name to view the details, or use the search box at the top to search for the username. Once you have selected the people that you wish to tag, click on the Done icon, which is located in the upper-right corner.
- All tagged profiles will be displayed at the bottom, just like the Who’s In This Photo? Option.
Tap on the names to add people to your photo. After you have finished tagging the photos, tap on Twitter.
Tag someone on Twitter’s site
Log in to Twitter.com from your computer and follow these steps to tag someone on Twitter.
Step 1 – There are two ways to tweet. Either click the Twitter button on the left or the box at the top.
Step 2 Enter your tweet, give a space, and then type @ following the first letters of the username that you wish to tag. Next, select the profile of the user from the list.
Step 3 All tagged users will be displayed along with your tweet text, as shown in this screenshot.
Once you are done with tagging, click the Twitter button in the bottom-right corner of the box.
Also Read: How to Make Twitter Public | Easy Ways
Tag someone in a Tweet Photo on PC
Step 1: Upload an image to your tweet by clicking on the first icon at the bottom of the tweet box. Next, click on the Tag people button at the bottom-left.
Step 2 You’ll see a list of recently engaged people you have engaged with. Tap on the name to view the details, or use the search box at the top to search for the username. Once you have selected the people that you wish to tag, click on the Done link at the top-right corner.
Step 3 All tagged people will appear in the bottom-left corner of the image.
Click on the names to add people to your photo. After you have finished tagging, click on the Twitter button in the top-right corner.