When you first purchase a PS5 it will guide you through the setup process and allow you to adjust the basic settings. One of these is the screen reader. And like the name suggests it reads all screen’s text and also gives detailed advice. But, it’s not an essential feature as a lot of gamers opt to turn it off.
It’s quite simple to do. Find out how you can turn off the voice feature in settings for your PS5 settings.
Also Read: How to access Game Chat On PS5
Switch off the Screen Reader
If your PS5 displays information out of nowhere, you probably activated the screen reader in error or did not turn it off in the initial configuration. It can be annoying and unneeded, however there’s a way you can disable it.
- Visit your PS5 homepage screen.
- Look for the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
- Find “Accessibility.”
- Scroll to the bottom and choose “Screen Reader.”
- Choose “Enable Screen Reader” and ensure that it’s off and the other settings are not grayed out.
- You are now able to make use of your PS5 with no screen reader.
It’s that easy.
Also Read: How to Change the Type of Nat Ps5
How does the Screen Reader be Enabled?
In your initial screen for setup you won’t see the option to switch the screen reader off or on. This is because the PS5 activates the screen reader on autopilot if you are waiting for 10 minutes. In other words, if you left during the process, like drinking an alcoholic drink, you’ll accidentally activate the screen reader.
You can disable it by following the steps in the above section however, you can also suspend this by pressing Playstation button and the triangle at the same time. The screen reader off until you press the combination repeatedly.
Also Read: How To Download Warzone On Ps5
By enabling the Screen Reader
If you’d like to turn off the display reader off Follow these steps.
- Return to the PS5 home screen.
- Navigate to Settings. Settings menu.
- Click “Accessibility.”
- Click on “Screen Reader.”
- Make sure to enable the feature and make sure that its settings are active and white.
- Play on or adjust the settings.
Users can customize the PS5 screen reader to suit their needs. You can alter the speed at which the narration plays as some people have difficulty to comprehend fast-paced speech. You can also change the voice of the default female voice to different choices.
The last option is volume. In certain situations, the overlapping sounds can be distracting however, you must be able to hear whatever the display reader talking about.