Discord has been a favorite platform for gamers and others around the globe due to its features like
Voice and video chat, streamer mode Discord Nitro Server Boosting Screen Share, Go live, etc.
If your Server is crowded and an administrator, you feel that proper management should be in place. You can find out more from How to Lock Discord Channel.
We have made it easy for you to lock Discord channels using the steps below.
Also Read: How To Self Assign Roles in Discord | Easy Ways
Video Guide: How To Lock Discord Channel on PC, Android, iOS EASILY
Can you lock Discord servers?
Administrators can block Discord servers and stop anyone from joining the Server for less than 7 hours.
You can also lock the Discord server for good.
Also Read: How Do You Lock Discord Roles? Easy Ways
How do you make a private discord channel?
Follow these steps to create a Discord channel private:
- Go to your Discord, and click the + icon for Voice CHANNELS or Text CHANNELS
- Enter the private channel.
- To add members to your private channel, toggle ON Private Chanel.
How do I lock a Discord channel on a PC/Desktop?
You need administrative rights to lock Discord channels.
A channel can be locked on Discord to allow the user to see old messages only but not send any new ones.
Here’s how you lock Discord channels:
- Click on the Server where you want to lock a channel.
- Click on the channel settings button.
- Click on Permissions for @everyone.
- Click on the cross icon to the right of every permission.
- After you’re done, click Save changes to see How to lock a Discord channel.
Next, we will discuss how to lock a Discord channel on your mobile device.
Also Read: How to Send Video On Discord | Easy Tips
How do you lock a Discord channel on Android?
How can you lock channels in discord mobile?
Follow these steps to lock Discord mobile channels:
- Launch Disord App.
- Tap on the Server where you want to lock the channel.
- To go to Server Options, click on the three dots at the top of the screen.
- Click on Channels to select the channel that you wish to lock.
- Next, select Permissions.
- Next, select Add Role > @everyone
- For all permissions, tap the redcross button under Channel Settings.
- To save changes, tap on the blue icon
- You will now be able to lock a Discord channel on Android.
How do you lock Roles in Discord?
Inadvertently changing the feature so everyone can edit or remove roles
Now you want to lock this role to prevent others from making unnecessary changes.
Here’s how you can lock Roles on Discord:
- Launch Discord.
- Right-click the server and select Server Options > Roles.
- Select the role you wish to manage.
- Toggle off Manage Rights under Permissions
- You will also be able to lock Discord roles.
I hope that you have learned How to Lock a Discord Channel. If you have any questions, please comment below.
Discord is locked:
- Your Discord could be locked because of server raiding or underage.
Why is Discord Server locked?
- The user usually locks a Discord server, but it is possible to do so accidentally.
What does a lock in a discord channel signify?
- Locking on Discord channels means it’s private.