Discord is an excellent platform for connecting with family, friends, and other groups. It’s the perfect all-in-one solution to your social media needs.
With all the features it offers, it’s not surprising that you’ll want to be connected with all of the people you know who are using the application.
However, finding members isn’t as simple. So How Do You Find Person on Discord If You Don’t Know Their Name?
If you’ve ever tried the add Friends feature, you’re aware that you cannot discover members unless you are aware of their tag. But, what can you do if you’re not aware of another user’s tag? Find out more here.
How do you find person on Discord
Why Do I Require Tag to Locate Discord Users?
In contrast to other social networks, Discord doesn’t require users to create unique usernames. To differentiate between users using, Discord’s tag is used. It’s a 4 digit number you enter after your username, separated by the word “discord-tag.” ‘#’. Learn further about this on our guide to Discord tags.
While Discord’s Discord tag lets users choose their usernames, however, it is more difficult to locate someone who is on Discord. When you’re looking to join a Discord group, you must enter the username of the person and the tag number when searching for them.
Also, given that usernames in Discord typically do not represent the user’s actual name; however, they are a cool name, it’s even more difficult.
Don’t worry. There’s an alternative to find Person on Discord. Find out how in the following sections.
How can I locate people with Their Discord tag on computers and mobile devices?
If you happen to have the username and tag combination of the user you’d like to add but aren’t sure where to enter this information, you can do these things:
On a computer
- Open Discord and click the icon for ‘Home’ located at the top left on your display.
- Then, click the green-colored “Add Friend” button.
- In the “Send Friend Message Text box that is shown where you enter your username, followed by a ‘#’ and the name of the person. For instance, RemoteTools#6862. The username must be case-sensitive.
- Press the “Send Friend Request” button. The text in the upper right-hand corner of the box states that the message was sent.
On a mobile device
- Start Discord and then tap the three lines on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then, at the bottom, tap the icon that shows the person who is waving.
- In the upper right corner, click the “Add Friends icon like illustrated, and then search on the users with your username and tag.
- Click ‘Send Friends Request.’
Also Read: How to Cancel Discord Subscription? Best Way
How can I locate anyone in Discord without their tags?
There are two methods to search for members on Discord, even if you don’t recognize their username. Both of these options can only be utilized on mobile devices. If you’re looking to perform the task on your PC, go to the next method.
How do you find the person you are looking for on Discord using the ‘Nearby Search feature
As the name implies, the person you are trying to locate should be in close proximity. Discord restricts this to a radius of 30 meters or 100 feet. Additionally, both of you as well as the other participant, are required to connect to WiFi or mobile network, Bluetooth, and have the location switched on. Google’s Nearby can be used in this case. To utilize this feature, follow these things:
- Open Discord, tap the three lines located at the top left corner of the screen, then tap the icon of the person at the bottom.
- Click the “Add Friends icon and then move to the next tab, “Nearby Scan,”
- You may now receive a notification that Discord requires specific permissions. Accept these permissions and let the scan begin.
- Discord will show you the list of users nearby to who you can request friends.
Find Discord users that are on your contact list of phone numbers.
- As stated above, press 3 points (hamburger button) in the above paragraph and then click the tab called “Friends.
- You should now see an alert on the top of the screen asking you to transfer your contacts. Hit this.
- Enable the ‘Allow contacts join me’ option if you want to, and then tap “Get Started.”
- After that, confirm that your number is correct by typing in your number and the confirmation code.
- Then, you will be asked permission to access your contact lists. You must grant this permission.
- When the sync is completed after which, you’ll be able to view your contacts that have enabled the ‘Allow contacts add me’ feature. Then, you can select them and then click “Add Friends’.
How can I locate users who aren’t in my contacts without knowing their username?
If you want to find a user on Discord but have their number or tag, you can do so by visiting this website. It is necessary to know their username but. Additionally, this is an automated website that collects information from its servers. If the user you’d like to add to your list isn’t on any server, you won’t discover them.
To find the user, enter what you know about the username, and then click “Search.” If you’re lucky enough, the person you’re trying to find will appear in the search results. You can now take their username and make an invite to be a friend through Discord.