It is always exciting to get a new piece of technology, especially a laptop. It is tempting to immediately surf the web when you first get your laptop. First, download Antivirus software.
You can find many paid-for options online or even at your local technology shop. You can also get Antivirus free of charge to help protect your computer.
Avast is the best free antivirus software. What if you try to download Avast Free Antivirus White Screen Problem Error?
This is how to fix Avast Free Antivirus White Screen Problem so that you can use your device rather than stare at a blank screen.
Also Read: Facebook Error Savings Photo: Here’s How to Store Images
Avast Free Antivirus White Screen Problem
Many Avast users who tried to download the software reported Avast Free Antivirus White Screen Error.
You may see a white screen when you try to install or open avast.
- We are sorry, but we have crashed
- Sorry, our screen didn’t load
- This is quite embarrassing
These error codes could be for many reasons.
What is the problem?
These are some reasons why you might get this error while using Avast.
- The software has not been installed correctly
- Your software is out of date
- The program crashed during the installation process
- Internet connection down
Also Read: Reddit Error 504: How to Fix It on Your Laptop Or PC
How to Fix White Screen Problem
If you get a white screen error, you may not know what to do. We have prepared a step-by-step guide to help you fix your Antivirus.
Fix 1. Update Avast
First, check if Avast requires an update. This would normally be done within a program. However, Avast won’t open, so we offer an alternative. Here’s how to update Avast if the program won’t load.
- Avast must be closed down. Right-click on Avast to open the menu and choose close. You can also use Control, Alt and Delete to open the taskbar, then close it by clicking on the X.
- Go back to your toolbar, and you’ll see ‘^’ on the right side of the screen. Click that, and you’ll see small icons.
- Click on the orange icon that has 3 lines, then click right.
- Select update > program, and it will notify you about any required updates.
- These are the things you need to do to allow Avast to be installed on your computer. After that, your computer will need to be restarted.
- Manually update your computer.
If none of the above fixes your problem, we recommend that you upgrade your computer.
- In the lower-left corner, click the start button. It looks similar to the Windows logo.
- Next, click on the settings button at the bottom left. A separate window will then open.
- Select Update & Security
- Next, select “Check for updates” to receive any updates.
- Your PC will inform you if there is none. If there are, you can update. It may take some time, so make sure you have plenty of time.
When using your computer, you may use a VPN. Your VPN may cause problems with your Antivirus. This will allow Avast to download correctly if you temporarily turn it off.
Fix 4. Remove Avast
Next, after trying all the methods above, we recommend that you uninstall Avast from your computer and reinstall it. Here’s how you can uninstall Avast from your computer.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the Windows Start button.
- Click on the program and use the search bar to type the program’s name.
- Click Programs > Uninstall an application
- To find “Avast Free Antivirus”, use the search bar at the top of the page
- Right-click on this and choose to uninstall. Next, a popup will ask you if it is your intention to uninstall. Click yes.
- Another popup will ask you if you are ready to uninstall. Click the Uninstall button to remove the files.
It is possible that this could take some time, depending on the size of your file.
After Avast has been deleted, you can search your files to find other Avast folders. To ensure that the program is gone, you can search your files.
You can uninstall files via Windows. However, it is worth taking a look.
- Reinstall Avast
After you have uninstalled Avast, you can reinstall it. Avast can do this by clicking the ‘free download” button in the upper right-hand corner. After downloading it, click on the file to begin the setup process.
Once the file is downloaded again, open it and check if there are any issues.
These troubleshooting methods should have helped you fix the Avast Free Antivirus White Screen Error. We understand that your computer’s safety is paramount if you want your Antivirus to work again.
If you still have issues with the Antivirus software, install Avast One, which is an alternative, free Antivirus program provided by Avast.
This post may help you if your concern is about removing Mcafee from your device.