Nothing is more relaxing than listening to your favourite music. It doesn’t matter if you’re driving or cleaning; the right music can keep you motivated.
It can be frustrating if your Apple Music Won’t Play Past 15 Seconds. We’ve listed the top issues to help you get Apple Music working again.
Apple Music Won’t Play Past 15 Seconds
Apple Music users have reported a bug that causes the music to stop playing after 15 seconds. It doesn’t seem to happen consistently every time a song has been listened to.
However, this is frustrating for users trying to figure out why. We have a troubleshooting guide for Apple music that won’t play beyond 15 seconds.
What does the Error code of 16833 mean to you?
Apple Music users who have their music cut off after 15 seconds will likely see the 16833 error code. This error refers to the 15-second cut-off error code. This error code can be found on many devices. Keep reading to learn how to fix it.
Also Read: Oculus Quest: Easy Fix Audio on VR Headset
Fixing error code 16833
We have the solutions to make Apple Music work as it should.
Fix 1: Reboot iCloud
- Sign out of iCloud from your device
- Apple Music is now closed
- Restart your device
- Open iCloud and then Apple Music
- Sign back in to continue testing
Fix 2: Delete Apple Music Data
Reddit users found this solution useful. However, it comes with the inconvenience of having to resync your music. Here’s how to delete Apple Music music that you have downloaded.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad
- Open ‘Music’ by selecting the coloured note and then find it
- Once logged in, scroll down and click on ‘Downloaded Music.
- This option will take you to a list of all of the music that you have downloaded.
- In the upper right corner, click Edit
- To remove them, use the red minus beside the artist
- It is recommended that you remove all songs from your computer before using this method.
- To delete all songs, select the red minus.
After completing these steps, you can listen to your music again. Please follow the steps below regarding Dolby Atmos and Lossless Audio if you still have issues.
Fix 3: Dolby Atmos & Lossless Audio
After you have deleted all your music, and if you are unable to play any music anymore, these are the next steps:
- Return to the menu from which you downloaded the music.
- Next, scroll down to Sync, and toggle off.
- Dolby Atmos or Lossless Audio should be turned off.
- Check that Download in Dolby Atmos is turned off.
- You can also redownload your songs by turning on your Sync library.
Verify that your device runs the most recent iOS
It’s essential to ensure your device has the most recent software.
You can also use it on another device if the software is not up-to-date.
Also Read: Discord Error 96: How to Fix It On Your App
Is the app current?
You should also consider the Apple Music app. If it isn’t up-to-date, you might encounter issues that have been resolved in a later version. Software bugs are usually fixed in an update. Your app should be the most recent.
Are you experiencing the iTunes error code 4000? Here are some ways to fix this updating problem?
Apple music stops working when your Phone is locked.
You may have noticed an unusual change in Apple Music recently. The music you are listening to goes off when your phone locks. This is a problem for many people who use their phone music to travel and carpool. Apple Music is not helpful during this time.
First, try these troubleshooting tips if your music stops working when your Phone is locked.
- Apple users advise that you turn off auto-lock to fix the issue. Users with auto-lock enabled on their phones are most likely to experience the problem.
- Switch off your Phone, then turn it on again
- It has been reported that the issue can also start after a user updates iOS 15; therefore, if you haven’t done so yet, it might be worth waiting.
Users on the Apple Support thread claim that this issue is being investigated as a top priority.
Songs won’t work offline with Apple.
Here are some solutions to help Apple play songs offline.
1: Insufficient space to download your music
You may find that you don’t have enough space to download your songs. You will not be able to download new content if you don’t delete any of your saved songs.
2: Turn on the iCloud Music Library Option
This may not be the right answer for your problem, but many iPhone Apple users found it helpful. Here’s how to do it if you are unsure.
- Tap music in the Phone’s settings.
- Next, turn off the toggle for the iCloud Music Library. This will stop it from turning green.
- Next, go to the settings screen. Then you can reset your password.
- After you have reset all settings, go back to step 1.
- This time, however, you can toggle the iCloud music collection setting
- After you have made this, open Apple Music to download the tracks that you wish to play offline.
- Make sure that you are running the most recent iOS.
You will be prompted by your Phone to update to the latest iOS version. However, you can still use your Apple device. Go to your settings to make sure that an update is not required.
This error can be frustrating, but you can fix it yourself with some troubleshooting. We have troubleshooting options for Apple Music not working beyond 15 seconds or songs not being played offline.