Instagram is among not the most well-known social media platforms for sharing images and videos. It’s become a norm today, where almost everyone is using an Instagram app installed on their phones.
As a well-known social media platform, the developers are keen to improve the application regularly. However, it’s not the best platform to enjoy without issues constantly. Even with all the upgrades and fixes offered by developers, sometimes you might encounter problems like not being able to upload images and videos on your account.
One issue is that the app blocks you from uploading pictures. You might be thinking, what the reason is Instagram doesn’t let me post my photos and videos? There could be a variety of reasons for this issue. However, the solutions are primarily like many other important problems related to Instagram.
As I mentioned, it’s essential to identify the issue’s root. It’s hard to fix this issue if you don’t determine the root cause. If you can, you’ll be able to find the solution that is right for you and continue to post on Instagram.
The issue can create anxiety. However, this article was created to assist in finding the solution. When you understand how to resolve this ” Instagram preventing posting videos and photos” problem, it becomes simpler in the future.
Why isn’t Instagram Doesn’t Let Me Post Videos or Photos?
The most common reason people are experiencing problems with being able to upload images on Instagram is that something may have been wrong with an Instagram app’s cache memory. If Instagram cannot allow you to post photos, you could try making changes to Instagram and clearing the app cache or even taking a photo of the image to upload it again.
Other than the issue with cache memory, there may be some other factors that can be common about uploading problems on Instagram.
- A slow internet connection may stop you from posting pictures and videos to Instagram.
- Instagram may not be able to recognize the type of image or video you’re looking to post.
- The contents of your photo or video may violate the terms or guidelines of Instagram, or you’ve failed to give credit to the person who created the video or image.
- Your Instagram account could be temporarily disabled, blocked, or banned from posting activities.
- If you can’t post photos or videos to your gallery, you’ll make sure that Instagram can access your storage.
- You have included more than 30 #hashtags in a single post.
- You may be trying to upload a picture exceeding the file size limit that Instagram has set. Instagram.
- It could also be the largest aspect ratio crossed by the image you upload.
- If you’re unable to upload lengthy videos, here are the limits Instagram has established: a 60-second video clip to post and 15 minutes video clip for IGTV uploads through the mobile applications 60 Minutes video is required for IGTV uploads on computers and 15-second videos for Instagram stories.
Why isn’t Instagram allowing me to post Multiple Photos or Videos?
In this situation, the first step is to check the application’s Background Refresh settings. If you have the background refresh disabled for Instagram, the uploading process might stop or cease instantly when it is necessary to switch to another app when uploading is taking place.
The second problem could be that, not always. Still, in some cases, Instagram may block your account temporarily to address the spamming problem when you upload many videos and multiple photos regularly. The ban lasts for a short period or even an hour, but eventually, you’ll be able to upload your photos and videos.
Also, ensure that the format of your photos and videos is aligned with Instagram’s formats supported by the platform to ensure that there are no errors when uploading.
What’s the reason Instagram Will Not Allow Me to Post Stories?
There are two approaches you should consider. If you’re sharing stories or posts on other accounts, make sure that the public is open to the third-party account. Instagram does not allow sharing stories using content from private accounts. If you want to share stories using a public account, you need to have included a tag in the story.
There are times when you may encounter issues writing stories if you have a slow internet connection. Stuck stories don’t permit editing or removal; therefore, connect to a more speedy wireless network if you’re located in a region with the limited network coverage. You can also switch to your second network provider if there is one!
Now is the time to discuss five easy solutions to test when you find that the Instagram app suddenly blocks users from posting.
What’s the reason Instagram isn’t allowing me to post Songs with Music to Stories?
If you can’t upload music to Insta stories, then either you’re not updating your Instagram application, or it could be that your country does not have access to the Insta music feature. It is possible to use the assistance of a VPN in this instance.
What’s the reason Instagram isn’t letting me edit Posts?
The previous version of the application contained an issue that stopped the users from making edits to their posts. This issue has been resolved in the most recent versions, and if you run into an issue, make sure you upgrade your app to the most recent version.
Also, be aware of your Internet connection if it is the reason why your editing isn’t getting up-to-date.
What’s the reason Instagram isn’t allowing me to post Comments?
The main reasons behind Instagram not allowing you to post comments include:
- Poor/No internet connection.
- Insta isn’t working anymore, and it’s uncommon but not impossible.
- You’ve mentioned more than five persons in one comment.
- You’ve left multiple and multiple comments (this includes Emojis).
- You’re too engaged with comments and likes.
- You have been blocked by the individual who is the owner of the account you’re trying to comment on the entry.
- You’re trying to create spammy comments on a variety of major accounts.
- You’ve used the word “banning” on Instagram.
Important note If you see that this notification says, “Instagram will automatically post when it is possible”, This indicates that your device is experiencing problems with an internet connection. This stops Instagram from uploading images and videos to their servers. Check that you’re connected to a reliable network, and then attempt to upload the video or photo.
You now know the causes, and you may have discovered the one causing problems when posting videos or photos on Instagram. Here are the suggestions you need to test with the hierarchy you have been given to resolve the issue.
How to fix it steps to fix Instagram isn’t allowing me to post
Restart your device
The most basic and straightforward solution is to restart your phone. A simple reboot can temporarily resolve problems with software and solve Instagram’s problem with posting.
For Android, press your power button for a few seconds until you see the option to reboot. Press the restart button. Based on the phone model, the process may differ.
When using iOS, Press and hold down the power and the home button for a few seconds until an Apple logo shows up on your screen. On iPhones 11 and 12, press one on the volume key or power buttons for around 3 seconds or so until it turns completely black, and finally, the Apple logo appears.
Reduce the Size of Your File
If you’re trying to upload videos or images that you import directly from your high-quality camera, you may encounter an issue uploading. We don’t usually set an Instagram file size limit. However, you must know the ideal dimensions and aspect ratio before uploading your high-quality photo or video.
Uploading a file with UHD or 4K UHD quality will take longer; however, sometimes, they don’t upload due to being too big or not being able for the uploading process to remain running due to a reason.
To get this fixed, Instagram won’t allow me to post, ensure to reduce the size of the file before uploading it. I’ve added a few details about the ideal sizes originally published on Adobe.
#1. Size of Instagram posts
- Posts are available in either landscape, square or even vertical.
- The ideal dimension for square post is 1080px x 1080px with an aspect ratio of 1:1..
- For landscape posts, the ideal dimensions are 1080px x 566px, with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
- Images that are vertical should be scaled at 1080px x 1350px with an aspect ratio of 4:5.
#2. Instagram video post size.
- Aspect ratios of videos could vary from 1.91:1 to 4:5.
- The ideal horizontal aspect ratio for video is 16:9.
- Be sure that the video isn’t larger than 4GB.
- The maximum length of the video may be as long as 60 seconds.
Set the Network Connection
We have already discussed that one of the primary reasons Instagram refuses to allow you to upload videos and photos is an insecure or weak network.
If that’s the case, you need to try refreshing your network connection. You can either put your device in flight mode or change the status of your network to Off and on. Check if this resolves and see if it solves. If you’re using a router, ensure that you are connected to the router. You must ensure that your device can be connected to the internet through the router.
If you’re playing with Instagram on your computer while connecting to the router, you must make sure the connection between the computer and router is secure. One of the most common issues with routers is the incorrect PSK to detect network SSID issues.
If you’re on the phone, as I mentioned above, Follow these steps:
- Verify that the phone’s Internet connection status is in good order; activate it if it’s not working.
- If the connection is active, tap in the Flight Mode, hold for a few seconds and then disable this mode. The system will flush and then start an entirely new connection.
- If you’re using WiFi, Try reconnecting with WiFi.
- In addition, you can shut off your data and then switch it back on.
Once you’ve finished, you can upload photos or videos to Instagram once more.
Clear the Instagram cache memory
When a user flushes the cache memory in the application of Instagram, the problems appear to be solved. During running, it is believed that the Instagram app creates a cache and stores it within your mobile.
The cache memory contains information about your account from prior entries. Cache memory could stop apps from carrying out routine activities. This is a possible reason you can’t post videos or photos on Instagram.
To clear the Instagram cache, you must access the app manager or directly access the Instagram app settings to clear the cache.
How to erase cache memory on Android and iOS devices are distinct. However, they are easy. Learn how to delete the cache memory on every type of device.
How can I remove Instagram Cache on Android?
- Go to the phone settings > select the app settings.
- Locate Instagram in the app list and then tap on it.
- Select ” Storage” and then choose ” Clear Cache“.
How can I Clear the Instagram Cache on iOS?
- Navigate to ” Settings” and click ” General.”
- Choose ” iPhone storage” within the General.
- Search for Instagram in the list, then tap it.
- Select ” Offload App” to clean Instagram’s cache. Instagram cache.
- It is also possible to tap”delete app” or the “delete application” option to erase permanently all Instagram-related data before reinstalling the application with new data.
After clearing the cache of your application and rechecking your Instagram account, you should be able to upload videos or photos on Instagram. If you’re unable to do this, go with the following step.
Review Instagram’s Photo/Video Policy
Instagram has very strict terms regarding the types of images you are allowed to upload. Instagram has powerful bots that quickly recognize any photo or video that violates their guidelines.
If the image or video you are posting violates their guidelines, then Instagram will not allow you to post the image or video.
In another instance, if you share an item that you don’t own, you have to give credit to the author of the article. Otherwise, copyright issues could prevent you from sharing such images or images.
Ensure that your videos are in line with their rules and are free of copyright problems.
Change the Instagram Settings for Your Data
Instagram offers settings to save data that stop users from posting multiple posts simultaneously. To help you save internet data, Instagram disables certain features for bulk uploading.
If you’re not able to upload content to Instagram, it is an opportunity you have a data saver that has been disabled. Although it does not have anything to do with being concerned with the single uploading of files, however, you must consider the possibility.
You can deactivate your Instagram data saver by going to settings for mobile data within your account. Follow the steps listed below to increase the data usage limit.
- Log into your Instagram profile, then click ” settings“.
- Select ” Accounts” in the settings.
- Locate the ” Mobile data usage” setting.
- Switch off the “Data saver” and turn off the ” Data saver” option.
Make use of the Storage Space on Your Phone.
If your phone’s storage is full, you might experience this problem. Instagram attempts to save uploaded images and videos to your phone’s memory (based on the uploaded photo settings).
If the app saves the original media, saves uploaded videos, as well as saves posted images on your device, it is necessary to have space cleared to allow these images as well as videos that are saved. If your memory on your device is full, you may not be able to post an image as the app will not be able to complete its saving.
You can remove or disable the “save post-media” option or clean up certain space within your mobile. You can find these options in your app account settings under Original Post.
- Click here to access Instagram the app setting.
- Click to open your accounts.
- Then, tap on the original settings for the post.
- Verify to see the state of all three choices. There are three options to check the status.
- Be sure that you disable save videos posted on YouTube and save photos that have been posted.
Another approach is to resolve this issue by removing certain content from the phone’s memory.
If you delete unnecessary apps and files from your smartphone and Instagram can save your posted images and videos. After that, you will not encounter the issue upload failing issue.
Uninstall apps that have access to your Instagram account
Some applications on your smartphone could be able to access the Instagram account. If you’re using Instagram and the app simultaneously (even if it is running behind the scenes), both apps can clash and lead to not being able to publish content on Instagram.
To reinstall the app on Android, just drag the app to drop it into the trash bin. For iPhone, hold the button and then select the delete application option.
Try updating and reinstalling Instagram.
As I mentioned, updating the Instagram application can resolve a lot of the bugs you encounter and enhance the application’s security. The app can be updated through Play Store and the App Store according to the model of your device.
I like reinstalling the app may work better than updating. It erases all data from your phone, thereby reducing the chance of problems such as Instagram won’t allow me to post.
There’s some issue with your account
Instagram is not afraid to ban an account for a long time or temporarily if a user violates their guidelines. If you do not find any solution to resolving the issue, it could be because you’ve violated their rules in a specific way, and you could be barred from posting new content.
Here are some possible reasons to be banned:
– Making use of third-party software to boost followers, likes and other things:
Instagram Influencers must put in the work to develop a solid following. There’s no quick fix to success on Instagram.
Many new Instagramers make mistakes making use of third-party tools to gain false followers or likes. Make sure that Instagram doesn’t overlook this and, as a consequence of this kind of shady behaviour, Instagram blocks the user.
–Like or comment on posts too fast:•
Instagram bots can comment on related posts as you set it up and attempt to gain more exposure. They can like and make comments regularly without any human intervention. However, the frequent use of these features could be detected by Instagram, and consequently, it can block users from taking advantage of Instagram’s features. Instagram.
–Followers of Mass or not following:•
A lot of people do this. They join a mass number of followers on Instagram, and then, after a couple of days, they unfollow them all one time or two times. They think this is an approach to gaining followers, but the Instagram policy doesn’t accept this and regards it as a risky activity. The user could be subject to an account suspension, or a message like “Instagram won’t allow me to post” could be a result.
These are the most simple-to-follow solutions to Instagram that will not allow me to post problems. It’s just a matter of trying and determining which one will work best for you. Follow the steps mentioned above, and you’ll be able to upload photos and videos onto Instagram in the future.
I hope this article can assist you in finding the solution to this issue.